Break in period for Nuforce?

bikes and beats

« on: 17 Mar 2006, 02:08 am »
Hey all,
I just pulled my NOS (now) Ref. 8.02's out of their boxes and hooked 'em up. They sound great, just like my tried and true Odyssey Stratos.
Except....
The bass is a little anemic. I had a demo pair of 8.02's when they made the rounds late this past summer and I fell in lust with the bass and their huge, limitless sound. I swore I'd get a pair when the price was right and now that I have, they sound  different.
Have I done something wrong? Probably I just need to be patient, eh/
Jason, were the demo amps different in any way?
Thanks in advance...
-Mike out.

rustydoglim

• Industry Contributor
    • www.nuprimeaudio.com
« Reply #1 on: 17 Mar 2006, 07:25 am »
Did you change any of your setup or do anything different?
All our amps are the same. We don't do anything special, not even for reviewers.  May be it needs more breakin (but that has nothing to do with bass) or may be you're listening to different music where you're now driving it beyond the power rating of the Ref 8.
You should give us a call. It is hard to answer your question without knowing what's going on.

John Casler

« Reply #2 on: 17 Mar 2006, 03:10 pm »
One of my RM40 clients purchased the Ref 9s and said the same thing.

However one week of playing the amps and he has reported the "great bass" is now as good as he remembered, when he first heard it.

Whether you beleive in "burn in", break in, or whatever, this has been reported by some.

I'm burning in a P8 for a friend of mine right now, and I have noticed that while a little thin and maybe not quite as "bassy" when I first fired it up, it is now much richer tonally, and has that bass body that we all like.

bikes and beats

Thanks all,....
« Reply #3 on: 18 Mar 2006, 01:42 am »
I'll keep em playing and we'll see. One thing i like is that they're way quieter than the first pair I tried! That is, using Volex power cords plugged straight into the wall.
-mike