report on my rebuilt new cherry amp

kedoades

report on my rebuilt new cherry amp
« on: 10 May 2016, 01:47 pm »
  I have had my new cherry amp for about a week now and I really love it.  This is is built like a tank and as powerful as one also.  The first thing I noticed was the awesome bass reproduction.  The bass is deep fast and powerful.  Drum solos with the cherry as sweet.   The soundstage is also huge.  It is wider and taller than my previous amp (the dac4800a).  For the price I paid I really don't think I could find a better amp.  The cherry loves too be cranked, when playing at high volumes it sound incredible like the band is in my room.  Hard to explain how it can sound so big and still seems like the speakers have vanished.  Sorry,  I never claim to be an audio reviewer but just wanted to pass along how good this amp is.  thanks again Tommy.

P.S.  What are thought about connecting the amp direct to a dac,  I have tried it with my dac4800a and felt that the sound was a little fuller and smoother going thru my preamp                                                                       

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
    • Digital Amplifier Company
Re: report on my rebuilt new cherry amp
« Reply #1 on: 10 May 2016, 10:27 pm »
We have had great results driving any Cherry Amplifier (R) directly with the DAC DAC.  The Classic Cherry amps have slightly more gain, but sensitivity is similar between Classic Cherry and Maraschino.

The DAC DAC outputs enough to get the amps into clipping, but not too far, plus the low noise floor matches the amps very well.

Stay tuned for an announcement in our newsletter.

Thanks for the review!

-Tommy O

Link to our newsletter signup:
http://visitor.r20.constantcontact.com/manage/optin?v=001BRl1GnvqHBR4JD1YTw0Xu3u_ev3xwIj054mBOUvKWBWQq5ACE7Y8xoERalwDeMjQG9HLWS-nUaY5ymcHni72_0ZmNxnL3t_ss_IO3abRNmn1a6GT0RryjPvQXhUXLlxHmSRo_L4bebOgzukVQyg2P1DgZs4Lhm3c