GIK Acoustics NEW Alpha Wood Series

dpatters

Re: GIK Acoustics NEW Alpha Wood Series
« Reply #60 on: 30 Nov 2015, 04:13 pm »
Anand,

Those look great.  Thanks for sending me the pics of your room!

Much appreciated.

Don P.

gregfisk

• Restricted
  • Us alone in the universe? sure is a waste of SPACE
« Reply #61 on: 30 Nov 2015, 05:12 pm »
Give me about a week!  :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

That is fantastic news, can't wait so I can order them with my Alphas :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

advanced101

« Reply #62 on: 2 Dec 2015, 01:00 pm »

Installed my Alphas last night. (Still need to affix the Gridfusors)

I debating on changing out the Monster Traps next to speakers (with scatter plate) with another set of Alphas.  But, I am loving how the Monster Traps frame the Alphas, since they are 2" thicker.

poseidonsvoice

• Science is not a democracy - Earl Geddes
    • 2 channel/7 channel setup
« Reply #63 on: 2 Dec 2015, 02:00 pm »
Very nice mancave!  :thumb:

Best,
Anand.

Glenn Kuras

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #64 on: 2 Dec 2015, 03:59 pm »

Installed my Alphas last night. (Still need to affix the Gridfusors)

I debating on changing out the Monster Traps next to speakers (with scatter plate) with another set of Alphas.  But, I am loving how the Monster Traps frame the Alphas, since they are 2" thicker.

Super nice!! Once you get the other on the wall I would love to have some pictures!! ;)

advanced101

« Reply #65 on: 2 Dec 2015, 04:05 pm »
Super nice!! Once you get the other on the wall I would love to have some pictures!! ;)

The GridFusors?  The wife had a good suggestion on painting them Navy Blue to match the curtains.  Kind of an accent, breaking up all neutral colors.

gregfisk

• Restricted
« Reply #66 on: 2 Dec 2015, 05:16 pm »
The GridFusors?  The wife had a good suggestion on painting them Navy Blue to match the curtains.  Kind of an accent, breaking up all neutral colors.

Your room looks really nice! I like your wife's idea about the accent color, it makes a lot of sense to break things up.

poseidonsvoice

« Reply #67 on: 4 Dec 2015, 02:27 am »
Maybe better...

Best,
Anand.

gregfisk

• Restricted
« Reply #68 on: 4 Dec 2015, 02:30 am »
Anand, those look FANTASTIC!!!

Now you have me thinking about changing mine when I get them  :nono:

gregfisk

• Restricted
« Reply #69 on: 7 Jan 2016, 05:03 pm »
Quote from: gregfisk on 25 Nov 2015, 11:15 am
Anand, These look really nice, much more modern looking than he wood.

I wish they would sell their corner traps with the scatter plate on the outside so they would match this new product.

Give me about a week!  :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

O.K.  Glen, since you are a fellow small business owner I gave you way more than a week. Do have these available now or are these what you are talking about in the 0 thread?

Glenn Kuras

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #70 on: 7 Jan 2016, 05:17 pm »
Quote from: gregfisk on 25 Nov 2015, 11:15 am
Anand, These look really nice, much more modern looking than he wood.

I wish they would sell their corner traps with the scatter plate on the outside so they would match this new product.

O.K.  Glen, since you are a fellow small business owner I gave you way more than a week. Do have these available now or are these what you are talking about in the 0 thread?

Sorry they are coming, just having a little bit of a "vendor" issue. The good news is I actually bought a CNC router which will be installed at the end of February. Not that the quality is bad from my present vendor, but I am not sure he will be able to keep up with my volume. I guess a good problem to have.  :lol: Needless to say, send me a email if you would so I can contact you when they arrive.   

gregfisk

• Restricted
« Reply #71 on: 7 Jan 2016, 05:53 pm »
Sorry they are coming, just having a little bit of a "vendor" issue. The good news is I actually bought a CNC router which will be installed at the end of February. Not that the quality is bad from my present vendor, but I am not sure he will be able to keep up with my volume. I guess a good problem to have.  :lol: Needless to say, send me a email if you would so I can contact you when they arrive.

sounds good Glenn, looking forward to these products in my new room.

I'll shoot you a PM...

Greg

Ishmael

« Reply #72 on: 18 Jan 2016, 05:40 pm »
Glenn,

Congratulations on the new Alpha Series line, you have a winner with plenty of potential left to explore.

I have some significant low-bass rear-wall-interaction problems, but also could use more absorption at 65Hz and up. Brian recommended T40 tuned traps for the former, but I've been unable to proceed as my wife drew the line on aesthetic grounds (it's our living room, and I do see her point). The Alpha series might provide grounds to reopen the discussion, and I would like to add some diffusion to the pure-absorption GIK products I have so far. How low can the 6A Alpha products absorb? How do they compare with Monster Bass Traps with limiters?

Thanks.

Glenn Kuras

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #73 on: 21 Jan 2016, 03:01 pm »
Glenn,

Congratulations on the new Alpha Series line, you have a winner with plenty of potential left to explore.

I have some significant low-bass rear-wall-interaction problems, but also could use more absorption at 65Hz and up. Brian recommended T40 tuned traps for the former, but I've been unable to proceed as my wife drew the line on aesthetic grounds (it's our living room, and I do see her point). The Alpha series might provide grounds to reopen the discussion, and I would like to add some diffusion to the pure-absorption GIK products I have so far. How low can the 6A Alpha products absorb? How do they compare with Monster Bass Traps with limiters?

Thanks.

The A6 and the Monster are pretty close in performance. The only thing is if you want to hit 65hz you will need to straddle the panel in a corner. One idea I have been toying with is to use the Alpha plates on the fronts of the T40, T70 and T100. It would still work the same but add some diffusion on the upper end and look pretty darn cool in the room.  Send me a email if you are interested.

Ishmael

« Reply #74 on: 21 Jan 2016, 03:51 pm »
Thanks, Glenn. I'd been thinking about "Alphaized" traps, too. I'll be in touch.

gregfisk

• Restricted
« Reply #75 on: 30 Jan 2016, 01:51 am »
Glen,

Do the Alpha series and the Q7d Diffusers match in wood, color and finish?

Also, Could you explain the performance difference between the Tri Traps with the Scatter Plate on the inside and the Tri Traps with the Alpha series type add on outer scatter plate/diffusers?

Performance is more important than appearance for the Tri Traps so I'm wondering which is the better way to go, looks aside?

Thanks,

Greg

poseidonsvoice

« Reply #76 on: 30 Jan 2016, 02:43 am »
Glen,

Do the Alpha series and the Q7d Diffusers match in wood, color and finish?

Also, Could you explain the performance difference between the Tri Traps with the Scatter Plate on the inside and the Tri Traps with the Alpha series type add on outer scatter plate/diffusers?

Performance is more important than appearance for the Tri Traps so I'm wondering which is the better way to go, looks aside?

Thanks,

Greg

This post might help answer part of your query:

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=139667.msg1491499#msg1491499

Best,
Anand.

gregfisk

• Restricted
« Reply #77 on: 30 Jan 2016, 03:23 am »
This post might help answer part of your query:

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=139667.msg1491499#msg1491499

Best,
Anand.

Yes, thank you much Anand.

I read that post which is why I ask the question. How much better is the internal wood diffusion compared to the after thought good looking wood panel? I have Super V's and as OB's I understand that they need diffusion more than box speakers and I want to get it right the first time, even if they don't look as good. I do plan on getting a set of the Alpha series panels as well for the front wall just off the corners, I have nothing now.

Greg

SteveRB

« Reply #78 on: 3 Feb 2016, 11:25 pm »
Hello,

My 2-channel listening set up requires that I am very close to the rear wall. I have tried absorbers and diffusors, but they are too close to the listening position, and I feel I can 'hear' them...

I recently noticed the new GIK 4A Alpha Panel: a high frequency absorber and 1D diffusor. Can anyone chime in if this is a something that could be used in close proximity to the listener?

Thanks

http://www.gikacoustics.com/product/4a-alpha-panel-diffusor-acoustic-panel-bass-trap/

Glenn Kuras

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #79 on: 5 Feb 2016, 02:02 pm »
Hello,

My 2-channel listening set up requires that I am very close to the rear wall. I have tried absorbers and diffusors, but they are too close to the listening position, and I feel I can 'hear' them...

I recently noticed the new GIK 4A Alpha Panel: a high frequency absorber and 1D diffusor. Can anyone chime in if this is a something that could be used in close proximity to the listener?

Thanks

http://www.gikacoustics.com/product/4a-alpha-panel-diffusor-acoustic-panel-bass-trap/

Yes, because of the thin profile you can use them around 2 to 3 feet from your head. As far as "hearing them" you will notice a difference vs a blank wall, so you will "hear" them I would think.