Going monitor with subs for 2 channel, looking for good ideas !

2bigears

:D. thanks Tyson,, very good to know. because those things aren't really that cheap as my buck is way behind yours,, and you advise on two subs that would do these little guys justice. bass just needs to be fast as the  speakers. also what is the min watts the amp should have ??  I can inquire with Danny as he surely would have great ideas,,,, :D
       thanks very much,,  :D
« Last Edit: 22 Oct 2022, 08:49 pm by 2bigears »

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
Somebody just put up their Servo OB subs up for sale here in AC, these are the ones I would get:

https://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=183567.0

The nice thing is that they can be used as stands for the speakers. 

2bigears

:D. haha, I knew those would come up too.  I've had those in my Super V's and no other bass comes close. Shipping I would think might be a prob.  but I would love those.   :D

fritzspeakers

• Industry Participant
  • FRITZSPEAKERS.COM
    • FRITZSPEAKERS.COM
Hi Jeff aka JLM-  I believe that you heard my original Carbon 7's at the AK fest in 2008 or 2009 with parallel crossovers using a ton of big xover components which suck up a lot of power and good sound. 

My series crossovers that I now have in all my models use much smaller and far fewer parts and are much easier to drive.  I am currently using a 2.3 watt per channel single EL84 power tube per channel amp that works and drives all my speakers just fine...  although it doesn't hurt to have more power.

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
Fritz you're Amazing!  How do you recall my name after a 10 minute conversation at a show from 14 years ago? That's enough to make me a fan. 

JCarney

Just in case you are still researching monitors, here's another one that requires no sub.

JCarney

https://www.kerracoustic.com/k300

2bigears

:D those Kerr speakers look good.  Need to look them up for sure..  :D

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
89dB and 6 ohms, you will need 100W or more.
Do you have a woodworker to DIY:?
I would suggest a coaxial as Morel for low sensitivity as Kerr or Beyma for hi sensitivity and hi Wattage.
« Last Edit: 14 Nov 2022, 04:18 am by FullRangeMan »

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
:D those Kerr speakers look good.  Need to look them up for sure..  :D

Yep, they look good, but your nearest dealer is 5000 km away.  Like the idea of a TL monitor with baltic ply cabinet and ribbon tweeters.  But don't know much about the woofer.  What about PMC passive or better yet active?  Similar design, also from England, and more known product?