Footers/wood blocks for Lampi Lite 7

respected_net

Footers/wood blocks for Lampi Lite 7
« on: 12 Jul 2018, 04:36 pm »
Not sure if this has been brought up or discussed in the past, but would adding footers (Stillpoints, Daedalus Isolation Devices, etc.) or maple wood platform/butcher blocks be an improvement to the sound of my Lampi Lite 7?  Right now the Lampi is sitting on an Adona rack with granite shelves.  Thank you for sharing your thoughts and experiences in this matter.

TomS

Re: Footers/wood blocks for Lampi Lite 7
« Reply #1 on: 12 Jul 2018, 04:40 pm »
http://www.isoacoustics.com/iso-puck/ $59/pr

I bought mine from Walter at Underwood HiFi, great service.

gregfisk

• Restricted
  • Us alone in the universe? sure is a waste of SPACE
« Reply #2 on: 12 Jul 2018, 04:47 pm »
I just picked up 4 of these that I will be selling for a late friends wife. If you have any interest pm me. She would be willing to let them go for a great price.

I guess I should try them under my Lampi Atlantic before I sell them though, now that I think about it :lol:

Greg

jriggy

« Reply #3 on: 13 Jul 2018, 01:05 pm »
I answered a PM from respected_net on another forum but thought I’d share it here as well...

I too have granite shelves on my rack with a Lampi Atlantic Plus. This A+ came with some custom metal footers attached to the chassis. The metal footers were not playing well with the granite shelf (makes sense), so I put a layer of Herbie’s Audio Labs Grungebuster Dots between the two surfaces. I thought this was good, as it relieved the issue...but over time realized I was missing some highs and details.
Once I had freed up a set of DiDs I placed them under the Lampi and ‘boom’! Detail, smoothness and delicacy abound. Very nice.
Turns out the rubbery Grungebuster layer was preventing inner chassis micro vibrations from draining out of the unit (again, makes sense).

Sure, the Iso-Pucks are great for the price  —i have them under my amp and my power conditioner but the DiDs are doing great under the DAC letting all the detail through.

marvda1

• freelance reviewer: The Sound Advocate
« Reply #4 on: 13 Jul 2018, 04:24 pm »
wonder how much better these are over the iso-pucks ?
http://www.isoacoustics.com/orea-series/

TomS

« Reply #5 on: 13 Jul 2018, 05:13 pm »
wonder how much better these are over the iso-pucks ?
http://www.isoacoustics.com/orea-series/
The Orea is essentially the same product, just much shinier for the target audience  8)

I own both the Iso-Pucks and Gaia I's (on speakers), as suggested by the distributor.

jriggy

« Reply #6 on: 14 Jul 2018, 01:51 pm »
The Orea is essentially the same product, just much shinier for the target audience  8)

I own both the Iso-Pucks and Gaia I's (on speakers), as suggested by the distributor.

I’ve wondered about that, Tom. Do you have this from an info source or personal experience?

I have the much cheaper Iso-Pucks under my amp but wondered if the Orea truly would do more.

TomS

« Reply #7 on: 14 Jul 2018, 03:04 pm »
I’ve wondered about that, Tom. Do you have this from an info source or personal experience?

I have the much cheaper Iso-Pucks under my amp but wondered if the Orea truly would do more.
A couple good sources  8)
The same patent applies to all 3 products.

marvda1

• freelance reviewer: The Sound Advocate
« Reply #8 on: 14 Jul 2018, 03:25 pm »
I emailed isoacoustics this question and their answer was.

Thanks for your inquiry. 

They will both do a great job, but the OREA Bordeaux will provide the best results.  The OREA is designed for home audio the performance curve is narrower in weight range and will provide a little stronger sonic benefit in it’s range than the ISO-PUCKs.  More effective isolation resulting in more sound clarity and focus.

rpf

« Reply #9 on: 14 Jul 2018, 03:58 pm »
I've tried a bunch of isolation devices under equipment. I can't remember them all but they include Symposium Acoustics Couplers, Pads and Roller-blocks on both Symposium and maple shelves; brass cones, Ravioli; various Myrtle blocks; various Herbie's products and finally DIDs. The DIDs are the best and I use them under my Lampi Amber II.

respected_net

« Reply #10 on: 14 Jul 2018, 04:57 pm »
Thank you all for your feedbacks.  I went ahead and bought some DID's.

findog3103

« Reply #11 on: 15 Jul 2018, 12:36 am »
Which DIDs did you get?

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #12 on: 15 Jul 2018, 12:52 am »
After used alu cones, steel balls, aq sorbothane and hard rubber I prefered the soft wood mogno blocks with 5mm felt for my cd player.

respected_net

« Reply #13 on: 15 Jul 2018, 01:53 am »
@findog3103, I got the DID polished

findog3103

« Reply #14 on: 15 Jul 2018, 09:24 pm »
Daedalus’ website is cryptic. How would one buy a product from them?

jriggy

« Reply #15 on: 15 Jul 2018, 11:28 pm »
Daedalus’ website is cryptic. How would one buy a product from them?

besides a detailed breakdown of what makes a DiD a DiD, it shows them both (one for components and one for speakers) in either finish. That’s them!
Just call or email.  :thumb: