Tomy2Tone

Re: Pictures of my rig with Omega Speakers
« Reply #260 on: 26 Nov 2019, 05:36 am »
Very nice Tori3!

How do you like that Kingko amp?

Tori3

« Reply #261 on: 26 Nov 2019, 07:51 pm »
Appreciate the compliments, guys. The Kingko is a great little amp. I bought this amp direct from the designer/owner, King, prior to a US dealer being identified. With shipping and currency exchange I was right around $830. With the most recent version, Kingko KA-101 Pro, plus the US dealer it’s going for an introductory special of $1100 (I think). I’d be curious to know where the price eventually lands. IMO it pushes way above its weight class with its versatility, fit and finish, and sound it produces.

For some history, I actually cancelled my order of a Decware Select Zen Triode that I had been waiting for, for the Kingko. Fortunately I haven’t had any regrets, but I’m still intrigued by what I’ll find with a small SET amp matched with the Omegas. At the end of the day and to answer your question more precisely about the Kingko, this small PP matches great and still surprises me.

In an ideal world in the future I’d love to have a small SET housed directly next to the Kingko on that credenza - how cool would that be!?

gstitt

« Reply #262 on: 28 Nov 2019, 02:17 pm »
Appreciate the compliments, guys. The Kingko is a great little amp. I bought this amp direct from the designer/owner, King, prior to a US dealer being identified. With shipping and currency exchange I was right around $830. With the most recent version, Kingko KA-101 Pro, plus the US dealer it’s going for an introductory special of $1100 (I think). I’d be curious to know where the price eventually lands. IMO it pushes way above its weight class with its versatility, fit and finish, and sound it produces.

For some history, I actually cancelled my order of a Decware Select Zen Triode that I had been waiting for, for the Kingko. Fortunately I haven’t had any regrets, but I’m still intrigued by what I’ll find with a small SET amp matched with the Omegas. At the end of the day and to answer your question more precisely about the Kingko, this small PP matches great and still surprises me.

In an ideal world in the future I’d love to have a small SET housed directly next to the Kingko on that credenza - how cool would that be!?

I think well implemented EL84 amps, either PP or SE, are a great choice for Omegas!

thebiglebowski

« Reply #263 on: 31 Dec 2019, 05:03 pm »
First post here so hello all  :)

Just got some new (arrived today) Omega CAM and already sounding great after just one hour.

System is:

Omega CAM speakers
Border Patrol SE300B amp
Kondo M7 phono preamp (in for work so currently using an SJS Arcadia Model 7)
Thorens TD124 mk2
Fidelity Research FR64s
Audio Note Io Gold
Audio Note AN-S8 step up
Audio Note 2.1x Signature DAC
Intel NUC running ROON ROCK > USB > Audiophilleo converter.

Jolly

« Reply #264 on: 8 Jan 2020, 03:15 pm »
 Very nice looking system! How is it breaking in?

mpv

« Reply #265 on: 10 Mar 2020, 12:17 am »
Omega Super 3 XRS,single ended Glow Amp One,RME-ADI-2 dac with SOtM 200 streamer.

TWINSKI66

« Reply #266 on: 14 Mar 2020, 09:56 pm »

PC>Audiophilleo 1 USB/SPDIF converter>LTA MZ3 preamp>Schiit Aegir amp

stlrman

« Reply #267 on: 15 Mar 2020, 11:52 pm »
MPV , you must get a deeeep soundstage?

Kray

« Reply #268 on: 3 Apr 2020, 01:35 am »
Had my Super 6 Alnico XRS bottom ported with upgraded binding posts for about a month now. Think they are breaking in nicely. Still can’t believe the big sound these puppies put out

woodnaudio

« Reply #269 on: 27 Apr 2020, 03:54 pm »
These are Junior 8 XRS Alnico. I've had the Omegas for a few months now, but various parts of the system (including the room treatment) have just come together over the last few weeks. I am supremely happy with the way this system portrays recordings both in terms of tone as well as the sense of instruments and people in a space that it creates.

Pictured:
Omega Junior 8 XRS w/Alnico drivers, birds eye maple fronts with walnut sides and backs
Triode Lab EL84TT mk. ii integrated amp configured in "push-pull triode" mode (5w / chan)
Chord Qutest fed by a Raspberry Pi running Squeezelite
GIK Acoustics 244s, 242, CT Alphas, and Tri-Traps (w/scatter plates)

Kray

« Reply #270 on: 27 Apr 2020, 06:54 pm »
These are Junior 8 XRS Alnico. I've had the Omegas for a few months now, but various parts of the system (including the room treatment) have just come together over the last few weeks. I am supremely happy with the way this system portrays recordings both in terms of tone as well as the sense of instruments and people in a space that it creates.

Pictured:
Omega Junior 8 XRS w/Alnico drivers, birds eye maple fronts with walnut sides and backs
Triode Lab EL84TT mk. ii integrated amp configured in "push-pull triode" mode (5w / chan)
Chord Qutest fed by a Raspberry Pi running Squeezelite
GIK Acoustics 244s, 242, CT Alphas, and Tri-Traps (w/scatter plates)

Nice! What were the effects of the room treatments? Thinking those are next for me.

woodnaudio

« Reply #271 on: 27 Apr 2020, 08:19 pm »
Nice! What were the effects of the room treatments? Thinking those are next for me.

The corner traps had the biggest noticeable effect. Specifically, I heard more focus in bass notes / lines. What had previously been a muddy hint of bass became much more distinct. Instruments like cymbals also started sound much more metallic. I also thought I heard a bit more specificity in where sounds were coming from.

The effect of adding 244s to the sidewall first reflection points was much more subtle. The soundstage widened a bit on some recordings. After listening for an hour or so, I also noticed that sounds seemed a bit less tied to the speakers. This is when I realized that I was perceiving more sense of space.

Front wall 244s didn't seem to do much

The 242 on the ceiling helped with imaging focus ... marginally. I'm still not sure I could put my finger on exactly what.

guillaume bougard

« Reply #272 on: 28 Apr 2020, 06:47 am »
Can't help noticing how tidy and orderly everyone is in this forum. Not a speck of dust, not a record left out there with no sleeve (because the sleeve is lost somewhere in the sofa or has been used to clean some weed), all the carpets look freshly vacuumed, etc... How do you guys do it??? I am so intimidated by these photographs that I don't dare posting mine!!!

woodnaudio

« Reply #273 on: 28 Apr 2020, 02:41 pm »
How do you guys do it??? I am so intimidated by these photographs that I don't dare posting mine!!!

Camera angle and tidying up before ;-)

NickMimi

« Reply #274 on: 20 Jun 2020, 09:50 pm »
New to me Super 6 XRS Alnico’s in cherry wood. System 1 pushes with an Exogal ION powerdac combo. System 2 uses Parasound Halo 5 DAC/pre-amp with either a Glow audio 2 or Line Magnetic mini 218IA amp combo. Some days, depending on my mood I add subwoofers.

dcmdord

« Reply #275 on: 22 Jun 2020, 04:12 pm »
This is my first post and hello from Maryland.  I'd like to thank this AudioCircle for providing useful information while I was considering Omega Speakers.  After a couple nights of scrolling through topics (search restriction stinks for would-be owners), I decided that Omegas would be perfect for classical music.  Louis was obviously very helpful and communicative, even though he was in the middle of his move.

Louis completed these Junior 8 AlNiCo XRS towers at the end of April.  They are wonderful.  As I waited for them to be crafted, I admit I was apprehensive after reading other forum posts discussing full-range drivers' ability to handle "complex" music.  Rest assured, the Omegas sound great, especially with modest support from the REL subwoofer.

They pair well with the 20-watt Linear Tube Audio amp and preamp.  The music gets plenty loud.  The preamp's stepped attenuator allows for 100 volume positions, but currently, I rarely turn the knob past 10. With the added gain from balanced XLR connections and the 95 dB sensitive Omegas, I will need to lower the gain of the preamp by swapping out 12AT7 tubes for 12AU7s. 

I have another set of Omega Super 3 Wide Baffle Monitors in curly walnut in the basement.  Despite the smaller driver, they also sound good (supported by a subwoofer) with classical music.

Thanks again to the forum for being an excellent resource.

System:

Omega Speakers Junior 8 AlNiCo XRS in Zebrawood
Linear Tube Audio Ultralinear Amp (20 watts per channel in preproduction chassis)
Linear Tube Audio MicroZOTL Preamp
Aqua La Voce S3 DAC
Musical Fidelity M3scd CD Player
REL T/5i Subwoofer

justforfun

« Reply #276 on: 9 Jul 2020, 06:01 pm »

Sorry...I'm trying to get used to this forum. Can you edit/delete posts?

AvsFan

« Reply #277 on: 9 Jul 2020, 08:20 pm »

Sorry...I'm trying to get used to this forum. Can you edit/delete posts?

Awwwweee.....

The 50 watt per channel Class A/B guy driving his Omega's! And they say SS doesn't work well with Omega's.  :lol:

Yes. Just hit the modify tab. See, I am modifying my own post about modifying. LOL It's the tab right next to the quote tab at the top right of the post.

screener

« Reply #278 on: 9 Jul 2020, 08:52 pm »

Super Alnico High Output XRS
Modwright Sony 5400 ES
Don Sachs Kootenay 120 amp
Don Sachs SP14 linestage

I took a chance with these speakers a few years ago. They have served me well!

justforfun

« Reply #279 on: 9 Jul 2020, 09:09 pm »
Nice Screener!! The Super Alnico High Output XRS is what I really wanted....ahhh save my pennies.