Recommended Speaker Isolation

Escott1377

Recommended Speaker Isolation
« on: 7 Nov 2015, 02:32 pm »
What is the product best recommended for speaker isolation?

I have a carpeted floor and speakers are Von Schweikert VR4jr's.

Will Herbie's product exceed the performance of just spikes?

Thanks -

max190

• Home of the St. Louis Cardinals!
Re: Recommended Speaker Isolation
« Reply #1 on: 7 Nov 2015, 04:35 pm »
What is the product best recommended for speaker isolation?

I have a carpeted floor and speakers are Von Schweikert VR4jr's.

Will Herbie's product exceed the performance of just spikes?

Thanks -

Cone/Spike Decoupling Gliders (brass) made a hell of a difference under my Dynaudio's. The biggest improvement was to the bass and midrange.

Another bonus with adding these gliders is the ease in which I can make very acurate adjustments to the position of the spkrs. Moving 70lb spiked spkrs on carpet before was very difficult.

Herbie

• Industry Contributor
    • Herbie's Audio Lab
« Reply #2 on: 7 Nov 2015, 05:19 pm »
Herbie's Audio Lab dBNeutralizer-based isolation products virtually always exceed the performance of just spikes. Spikes allow floor borne vibrational energies to reverberate back up the spikes causing glare and other sonic anomalies. Cone/Spike Decoupling Gliders usually bring out a better-defined bass with deep, linear extension and subtle improvements throughout the audio spectrum compared to spikes alone.

Steve
Herbie's Audio Lab

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
« Reply #3 on: 7 Nov 2015, 08:04 pm »
Steve,

What would you recommend for 80# floor-standing speakers on concrete slab/thin pad/office style carpet?

Herbie

• Industry Contributor
    • Herbie's Audio Lab
« Reply #4 on: 7 Nov 2015, 09:41 pm »
Either a Cone/Spike Decoupling Glider under each of the stock spikes or Threaded Stud Gliders in place of the spikes altogether. Brass Cone/Spike Decoupling Gliders under the stock spikes is our customers' most popular choice. If your speakers do not have threaded inserts for spikes or Threaded Stud Gliders and has a flat bottom, then four Giant Fat Gliders under each speaker cabinet would be ideal.

Steve
Herbie's Audio Lab

Bones13

« Reply #5 on: 15 Feb 2016, 10:21 pm »
I put a set of Herbies Gliders under my 2 equipment racks, and a set of Zu Druid MkV and the Undertone. I have medium carpet on a thin pad.

Sound is great, and they move without killing my back. I look forward to dialing in my speakers now.

Thanks for a great product, and the quick delivery.