Iso/padding "feet" for diy rack

kbuzz3

Iso/padding "feet" for diy rack
« on: 22 Oct 2015, 03:17 am »
Hello Steve

Just decided to try this cheapo pine Ike's bench for album storage and a tube amp on top.  Any suggestions for isolating the four feet on to a bare floor.   I could thread some spikes but have not loved that solution with other expire to in the past-could be because the floor is a bit u even and is an attic. I will not be moving the bench often but leveling is an issue.  Feet are about 2-3 inches square but I can measure I if needed.

So thin grunge busters ?  Fat dots?  Gliders seem good but seems like overkill here?

Thanks

kbuzz3

Re: Iso/padding "feet" for diy rack
« Reply #1 on: 22 Oct 2015, 03:26 am »
Another pic

kbuzz3

« Reply #2 on: 22 Oct 2015, 03:28 am »

Herbie

• Industry Contributor
    • Herbie's Audio Lab
« Reply #3 on: 22 Oct 2015, 03:50 am »
Several options can be considered. "Thin" Fat Dots between the wood and metal frame with a "Thin" Fat Dot under each of the legs. Or just a Big Fat Dot under each of the legs, or a Giant Fat Glider under each leg wouldn't be overkill in any way. The dBNeutralizer material that Fat Dots are made of have just a slight little "give" to them to accommodate some unevenness and, if necessary, one or more can be shimmed with Post-It Pad Paper, thin cardboard or hardwood, felt pad or etc.

Steve
Herbie's Audio Lab

kbuzz3

« Reply #4 on: 22 Oct 2015, 12:06 pm »
Steve thanks for the reply.   Forgot to add that the feet -legs are wood painted to look metal.   Would that make any difference in your reccomedation?

Herbie

• Industry Contributor
    • Herbie's Audio Lab
« Reply #5 on: 22 Oct 2015, 01:43 pm »
Big Fat Dots or Giant Fat Gliders will do very well whether the legs are wood or metal. If you ever need to move the bench, which you inevitably will, the bench with a lot of records and amp will move fairly easily on Gliders.

Steve

kbuzz3

« Reply #6 on: 22 Oct 2015, 02:49 pm »
Order placed. Thanks as always for the quick advice...long time customer and love your products and ive tried some of the lofty expensive ones without as much success as Herbies stuff