Intro

Coolblue

Intro
« on: 22 Feb 2018, 10:40 pm »
Hi All,

I've spent a long time on different forums like Head-FI, SBAF, audiogon etc and recently found about audio circle and joined.

My current gear revolves too much around Schiit gear and I own Schitt Yggdrasil DAC, Schitt Jotunheim in amp only mode and Sen HD 6xxx headphones.

Currently lookin into a decent pre-amp and was thinking of Schiit Freya for its versatility.

Thanks

FullRangeMan

• Facilitator
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Re: Intro
« Reply #1 on: 22 Feb 2018, 10:51 pm »
Welcome aboard Coolblue :thumb:

Phil A

« Reply #2 on: 23 Feb 2018, 12:56 am »
Welcome to AC!

dB Cooper

« Reply #3 on: 23 Feb 2018, 05:51 am »
Howdy

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
« Reply #4 on: 23 Feb 2018, 11:30 am »
Welcome.

I tried a Freya (and Gungnir MB) at home last spring and sent them back.  Compared to my smaller/less expensive DSPeaker Anti-Mode 2.0 Dual Core (that also has DSP bass functions), the Schiit pair made 10% of my iTunes ripped library sound better but 30% sound worse (no matter how I configured the three pieces) in my well designed dedicated room and two pair of speakers. 

Tried all three modes (passive, JFET buffer, and tube gain) of the Freya with stock and nice NOS tubes (one of which blew - have had a number of bad/lackluster experiences with audio tubes in my few experiments over 40 years).  Of course wanted to love both units as I'm a fan of the company's overall approach.  Really wanted the Freya to add tubbiness in a balanced circuit and at a reasonable price. 

YMMV

JakeJ

« Reply #5 on: 23 Feb 2018, 03:08 pm »
Hello and welcome to AC, Coolblue.

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
« Reply #6 on: 23 Feb 2018, 06:13 pm »
Greetings & Welcome to AC Coolblue   :thumb: