Tom Petty / Full cardiac arrest

stlrman

Re: Tom Petty / Full cardiac arrest
« Reply #20 on: 22 Jul 2018, 12:44 pm »
Here is an article in Rolling no Stone Mag about the Fentanyl crises in the music industry. There have been quite a few deaths involving this drug .

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-features/musics-fentanyl-crisis-inside-the-drug-that-killed-prince-and-tom-petty-666019/

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #21 on: 22 Jul 2018, 01:15 pm »
Some professional perspective on that drug.  My lady friend was a QA pharmaceutical chemist at a company that makes the bulk medicine that pill plants use to make what you get over the counter, and one of their products was Fentanyl.  When she did testing on that chemical not only did they wear full biohazard suits, but an EMS team with ambulance has to be on scene because if you were to breath in only a couple of microns you would die before they could ever respond from the station house.  That's how deadly Fentanyl is.

MttBsh

« Reply #22 on: 22 Jul 2018, 05:39 pm »
When performers need to take life threatening drugs to deal with the pain of being on the road, common sense says it's time to stop touring. Based on what I read, taking fentanyl is the equivalent of playing Russian Roulette.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #23 on: 22 Jul 2018, 07:48 pm »
Too bad a great artist.

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
« Reply #24 on: 22 Jul 2018, 08:01 pm »
… That's how deadly Fentanyl is.

Yes, the Safety Data Sheet for Fentanyl only shows the GHS06 pictogram as it's pictorial warning. See if you can tell what it means:

bummrush

« Reply #25 on: 22 Jul 2018, 08:13 pm »
Dont want to stir things up . But all drugs need to sold,potency listed. Prohibition doesn't fucking work. This country is so f upped sometimes. But black market doesnt work. Of course death will still happen. But at least it'd be A
a step above.
 And please no what about the kids.

Roninaudio

• I don't necessarily agree with everything I say.
« Reply #26 on: 22 Jul 2018, 11:59 pm »
It has it's place as a pain killer after say major surgery.  What will kill you asap is when you run down to the corner and buy it off the street...  I loved the guy's music but if you play with fire....

two other, more dangerous, derivatives of the drug were also found in his system. “Those are illicit,” says Dr. Nora Volkow of the National Institute on Drug Abuse. “Those you get very likely in the black market.” (Petty’s family declined to comment.)

OzarkTom

« Reply #27 on: 23 Jul 2018, 12:56 am »
I am not positive, but I once read a couple of articles that Prince's drugs was labeled wrong. :scratch:

http://theweek.com/speedreads/644263/report-pills-found-princes-home-labeled-wrong

bummrush

« Reply #28 on: 23 Jul 2018, 01:37 pm »
I'm guessing Princes plls were probably counterfeit  ,but no idea. No idea if case is still open. It might be closed.