BDP-1/2 Recommended Interfaces

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
Re: BDP-1/2 Recommended Interfaces
« Reply #440 on: 7 Sep 2014, 01:15 pm »
Also Steve what browser are you using - recommend Chrome.

james

steve88d

« Reply #441 on: 7 Sep 2014, 02:30 pm »
I have tried chrome on my laptop and my sons mac and my android phone. with all I get the same results of bryston related web sites from a google search or this web site "starwebsearch.com"  this happens with either the IP address or the bryston-bdp-1.local

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #442 on: 7 Sep 2014, 02:37 pm »
I have tried chrome on my laptop and my sons mac and my android phone. with all I get the same results of bryston related web sites from a google search or this web site "starwebsearch.com"  this happens with either the IP address or the bryston-bdp-1.local

Ok strange but Chris should be able to figure out what is going on.

james

steve88d

« Reply #443 on: 7 Sep 2014, 02:38 pm »
I have tried plugging the BDP in to a stand alone router as suggested in the supplement inside the owners manual " setting up a dedicated router with Bryston BDP-1 digital player" My stereo and router are on different floors so this would be my preferred method. I also tried running a 20foot lan cable up the stairs to plug directly in to my Rogers modem/router device. each way gets me the same results. Still no connection to the BDP-1

BTW I really appreciate all your help on this!!

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #444 on: 7 Sep 2014, 02:41 pm »
I have tried plugging the BDP in to a stand alone router as suggested in the supplement inside the owners manual " setting up a dedicated router with Bryston BDP-1 digital player" My stereo and router are on different floors so this would be my preferred method. I also tried running a 20foot lan cable up the stairs to plug directly in to my Rogers modem/router device. each way gets me the same results. Still no connection to the BDP-1

BTW I really appreciate all your help on this!!

Hi Steve

Well my apology as it should not be this hard fir you :duh:

james

BrysTony

« Reply #445 on: 7 Sep 2014, 04:17 pm »
Sounds like your network security is preventing the connection.  The router must be configured for your network.  I use one of these and it works great between floors.  http://www.netgear.com/home/products/connected-entertainment/gaming-home-theater/WNCE2001.aspx

Tony

BrysTony

« Reply #446 on: 7 Sep 2014, 05:14 pm »
James,
This connection issue keeps coming up.  I think you should consider built-in WiFi capability for the BDP-3.  OPPO does it for their disc player and Sony is doing it for their new HAP-Z1ES Digital Music Player.  Everything should be uncomplicated for the customer.  By the way I'm still loving my BDP-1.

Tony

steve88d

« Reply #447 on: 7 Sep 2014, 08:36 pm »
OK so I went in to my router settings and added the MAC address of the BDP-1 in the wireless MAC address filter. This has finally allowed me to log in to the BDP-1 and start using the Max Min on board software to control it. I don't know why my router was filtering the MAC address of the BDP out considering it was a wired lan connection. Any way now I can see it. But there is no way I can keep a wire running up the stairs and across the hallway to the router, so how do I connect it wirelessly?
Thanks for every ones help so far.

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #448 on: 7 Sep 2014, 10:31 pm »
OK let me send this to Chris and see if he can help - I assume you refreshed the webpage and possibly try emptying your cache.

james

Sounds like you need to take your computer to a local shop

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #449 on: 7 Sep 2014, 10:37 pm »
James,
This connection issue keeps coming up.  I think you should consider built-in WiFi capability for the BDP-3.  OPPO does it for their disc player and Sony is doing it for their new HAP-Z1ES Digital Music Player.  Everything should be uncomplicated for the customer.  By the way I'm still loving my BDP-1.

Tony

The BDP's have had wifi capability since the release of manic moose, I think all of one person has inquired about it.

steve88d

« Reply #450 on: 7 Sep 2014, 11:12 pm »
Another victory. Used the lessons learned with the house wifi router (MAC address filter) and did the same on the cisco stand alone router Im using to control the BDP-1. Added the MAC address of the Bryston and the couple of devices that will be used to control it and lo and behold it works! You have been helpful and aided me in locating and solving the problem. Now I have to learn how to use the Bryston controller interface!

BrysTony

« Reply #451 on: 7 Sep 2014, 11:22 pm »
The BDP's have had wifi capability since the release of manic moose, I think all of one person has inquired about it.
The BDPs have had Wi fi capability since day one but only if you add the hardware and connect that hardware to the network. What I am suggesting is that Bryston provide the hardware and the software to facilitate that connection. From what I see on this forum lots of folks have some difficulty with this. Everyone is not an IT professional. Check out what others such as Oppo and Sony are doing.   And please don't take this as a criticism. I'm trying to help.

Tony

Wapiti

Album art appears randomly in Gnome Music Player
« Reply #452 on: 8 Nov 2014, 04:36 pm »
I am using Gnome Music Player as an interface.  Everything works well but for the display of album art; sometimes it appears, but typically it does not.

All of my album art files are named folder.jpg and are located in the same folder with the music files.  I use a separate folder for each album.  The art is typically under 100kb.  All appear without an issue in the Bryston interface.

Ideas?

awaynes

« Reply #453 on: 12 Dec 2014, 03:01 pm »
I just receiced my BDP-1 USB (Ser.# 0004) a week ago and have it playing through a W4S Dac2. I am currently playing my music files from Jriver off of a usb stick and am having difficulty trying to sync Jriver and Jremote to the bdp. I downloaded mpad to my ipad for the remote but would prefer to have jremote operational as I find it more funcional. I also have seen my misic files listed on the mpod remote application so I know I have (I think) done a few things corectly. My question is, can I use JRMC 19 and Jremote or do I have to use Mpad or Mpod? I've been trying to get as much info from these forums as possible but cannot seem to get to the next step. A simplified answer (maybe step by step) would be appreciated as I am not very adept at computer operation.
I also want to thank Chris and Gary for getting my DAC working with the bdp as there were some set-up issues that they had to spend some time on in the initial installation. Great support and very appreciated.

Don_S

« Reply #454 on: 11 Feb 2015, 01:35 am »
Help.  Where is the Max controller download located?  I can't find it. I have been all over the Bryston website.

A friend is bringing his unit to my house for me to try and I wanted to have Max loaded on my laptop and waiting.

Already this is too technical for me.  :lol:

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #455 on: 11 Feb 2015, 02:08 am »
Help.  Where is the Max controller download located?  I can't find it. I have been all over the Bryston website.

A friend is bringing his unit to my house for me to try and I wanted to have Max loaded on my laptop and waiting.

Already this is too technical for me.  :lol:

HI

Just type the IP address of the BDP when you hook it up to your router and the interface will show up on your computer - use Chrome if you have it as a browser.

james

chuckworkb

Hello, I have a BDP-1 just updated to the latest firmware, and now MPDroid will not connect to the BDP.
The IP address has not changed, I put in the IP address, or the host name, and the password, and MPDroid keeps saying it can't contact the server. I can see the server with bryston user interface from the laptop just fine, I see the bryston on the network.  Any ideas?
Thank you.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
Hello, I have a BDP-1 just updated to the latest firmware, and now MPDroid will not connect to the BDP.
The IP address has not changed, I put in the IP address, or the host name, and the password, and MPDroid keeps saying it can't contact the server. I can see the server with bryston user interface from the laptop just fine, I see the bryston on the network.  Any ideas?
Thank you.

Hi Chuck

MPDROID works OK for me - try emptying the cache

james

chuckworkb

« Reply #458 on: 11 Feb 2015, 12:38 pm »
James, I tried that. I tried uninstalling the app on the phone and reinstalling it. This is just weird. Maybe I will try installing the app my another Android phone.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #459 on: 11 Feb 2015, 02:07 pm »
James, I tried that. I tried uninstalling the app on the phone and reinstalling it. This is just weird. Maybe I will try installing the app my another Android phone.

Ok let me know - and what version of software did you download?

james