BDP-1/2 Recommended Interfaces

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
Re: BDP-1/2 Recommended Interfaces
« Reply #360 on: 22 Jan 2013, 03:28 am »
BDP experts:  I have a PC, Blackberry Playbook and Windows phone.  Is there an optimal solution for a remote app on one or more of these?  I'd rather not buy an Apple or Android product just for a remote.  Saw the Blackberry post, looks complicated.

Its not a very smooth experience, but the playbook is capable of making use of the Max interface as of the S1.48 revision.  I wouldn't really recemend it over all, but yes if you don't mind the web browser pausing every few seconds for a few seconds the playbooks web browser can use one of the Max interfaces.... the Max 2 if I recall correctly.

Cheers,
Chris

hal jones

« Reply #361 on: 22 Jan 2013, 02:43 pm »
..... Saw the Blackberry post, looks complicated.
It's not really too bad. A few steps, but very straight forward. Like a cookbook.  :thumb:

hal jones

« Reply #362 on: 24 Feb 2013, 03:13 am »
So, got my BDP-2 on Wed! But, I forgot to get a BNC/RCA IC, so had to wait until today to hook it all up. Took a while to load up my half full 3TB drive, but it's up and humming right now.

Got MPDroid to work on the Playbook no problem. And then found another app that works for it.... PMix. It's free too, and is a bit more basic, but seems more responsive. Another bonus is that you just need to download it from the AppWorld and that's it. No fancy converting, etc.

I also found an app to use via my BB Z10. It's $2.99. I'll wait and see how I like the Playbook app before trying the "mini" version thru my phone.

Interestingly, I'm having trouble setting up MPod on my iPod Touch. But with the Playbook app working, and also fiddling around with Max on my laptop, I don't see then need to get it on the small screen of the iPod.

yioryos

« Reply #363 on: 24 Feb 2013, 05:08 am »
hal jones
 Thanks for the Playbook tips.   PMix  app seems to be great, I will give it a try !
George

werd

« Reply #364 on: 4 Mar 2013, 06:44 pm »
Anybody having troubles using their Ipad after this latest OS update? Dam i wish i wouldve left my ipad jb. It worked so much better then.

Napalm

« Reply #365 on: 4 Mar 2013, 08:42 pm »
Anybody having troubles using their Ipad after this latest OS update? Dam i wish i wouldve left my ipad jb. It worked so much better then.

OMG WERD HAZ FUN LOLZ  :jester:

Alpha10

« Reply #366 on: 4 Mar 2013, 09:03 pm »

I am on 6.1.2 with an iPad3 and a mini and they are both fine running mPad and Max, what trouble are you having?

Cheers

werd

« Reply #367 on: 5 Mar 2013, 12:34 am »
I am on 6.1.2 with an iPad3 and a mini and they are both fine running mPad and Max, what trouble are you having?

Cheers

Hi

Thanks, got it going, it had the wrong IP address in it. Yah the Bryston 2 max using Firefox works great.

dlach

Re: BDP-1/2 Recommended Interfaces - AUREMO for Windows
« Reply #368 on: 8 Mar 2013, 10:15 pm »
Hi James - Hadn't seen this posted anywhere so thought I would add to the list of interfaces.  AUREMO is a pretty basic but adequate MPD client for Windows desktops and laptops.  It downloaded and installed quickly.  Just add your BDP-1 IP address and you're ready to go.

Here's the link:

https://code.google.com/p/auremo/

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
Re: BDP-1/2 Recommended Interfaces - AUREMO for Windows
« Reply #369 on: 8 Mar 2013, 10:41 pm »
Hi James - Hadn't seen this posted anywhere so thought I would add to the list of interfaces.  AUREMO is a pretty basic but adequate MPD client for Windows desktops and laptops.  It downloaded and installed quickly.  Just add your BDP-1 IP address and you're ready to go.

Here's the link:

https://code.google.com/p/auremo/

Thanks - will give it a try :thumb:

james

Elevatorbob

« Reply #370 on: 1 Apr 2013, 03:41 am »
When I sort by album or artist on Mpad, the songs come up and play in alphabetical order.  Does anyone know how to get them to come up in the original order as on the ripped CD?

Marius

« Reply #371 on: 7 Apr 2013, 10:52 am »
Theremin for Mac got a small, but useful upgrade:

https://github.com/TheStalwart/Theremin

Cheers,
Marius

Grit

• - Garrett
« Reply #372 on: 17 Apr 2013, 08:54 am »
When I sort by album or artist on Mpad, the songs come up and play in alphabetical order.  Does anyone know how to get them to come up in the original order as on the ripped CD?

Is there an option to sort by date/time?

ronman

« Reply #373 on: 23 Jun 2013, 01:22 pm »
The only way to get the songs to play in the same order as on the cd is to rename or use a data tagger on each track and add in the number 01 , 02 etc before each track name (works fine on mpad and mpdroid).

never tried to get a playlist by date or time       off the top of my head I dont think this is possible

gustavog

« Reply #374 on: 27 Jun 2013, 03:23 pm »
Hi, I use Minion for controlling my BDP-1 from my pc. Before, Minion would display a mark next to the track currently being played from the playlist pane. Now it does not. Not sure if this happened after upgrading my BDP-1 to the latest software: S1.72 2013-06-05. Has anyone experienced this? Any clues on how to fix it?

john1970

« Reply #375 on: 18 Aug 2013, 11:51 pm »
Personally, I find the MPad application on the iPad is the ideal interface for organizing music on a Bryston Digital Player. 

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #376 on: 13 Sep 2013, 02:42 pm »
Hi Folks,

Here are some pics of the NEW BDP Interface we are working on which will be utilized with the new Manic Moose software we are developing.

james
« Last Edit: 13 Sep 2013, 03:57 pm by James Tanner »

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #377 on: 13 Sep 2013, 03:11 pm »
Personally, I find the MPad application on the iPad is the ideal interface for organizing music on a Bryston Digital Player.

I use this as well.

It is pretty good, until you see how complete and easy to use the Jriver app is.

From my perspective, this is the gold standard that James and team should be striving for.

George

Grit

• - Garrett
« Reply #378 on: 14 Sep 2013, 09:31 am »
James, and everyone at Bryston,

Thanks for continuing to work on and better the BDP interface! The hardware (BDP) is amazing! I have always loved the way it sounded. That Bryston continues to improve the user interface is icing on the cake!  Thanks for doing it.

Hopefully, one day, you will have time to work on an Android/iOS app too!

- Garrett

Hi Folks,

Here are some pics of the NEW BDP Interface we are working on which will be utilized with the new Manic Moose software we are developing.

james

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #379 on: 14 Sep 2013, 02:22 pm »
Hi Folks

There is a new version of MPAD available.

James