Please recommend a good 3.5(1/8) right angle cable?

Bsmooth

• Bruce or Bsmooth
I bought what I thought was a half decent 3.5 right angle to right angle cable by Ugreen. Right after I took it out I could see the wire was very this and the plugs were not well made.
 I see the witchdoctor uses Mogami cables, but I couldn't find a 3 foot right angle to right angle. are there any other brands that are well made and last?

richidoo

Re: Please recommend a good 3.5(1/8) right angle cable?
« Reply #1 on: 9 Feb 2019, 07:58 pm »
email bluejeanscable.com ask if they have a right angle plug for their MSA-1 cable, or ask if they will build custom cable with your own right angle plug, like this.

The inexpensive AmazonBasics brand 3.5mm cable is excellent quality but I don't see a right angle option.

DIY? Can you solder? :)

Bsmooth

• Bruce or Bsmooth
« Reply #2 on: 9 Feb 2019, 09:35 pm »
I'm IPC-610 and J-Std certified. I'm great at telling what a great soldering joint looks like, but to tell you the truth I'm not that great at soldering. Plus all the right angle connectors I have seem are molded on.Not sure DIY would be that great, but thats an option. Someone must make a half decent one.

Doublej

« Reply #3 on: 10 Feb 2019, 12:23 am »
Why do you want a cable with right angle connectors?

Bsmooth

• Bruce or Bsmooth
« Reply #4 on: 10 Feb 2019, 01:07 am »
Well I have a receiver on a shelf and a straight  connector sticks out too far, so a right angle just fits the bill.

mcgsxr

« Reply #6 on: 10 Feb 2019, 07:03 pm »
I’d look around head-fi.  Lots of guys using portable rigs and they often use 90 connectors to limit the distance the cables stock out from the player/DAC stack.  Penaudio sells some, they are in Singapore by memory but shipped quick to me in Canada.

GRACE RUBY

« Reply #8 on: 17 Feb 2019, 07:44 am »
I bought what I thought was a half decent 3.5 right angle to right angle cable by Ugreen. Right after I took it out I could see the wire was very this and the plugs were not well made.
 I see the witchdoctor uses Mogami cables, but I couldn't find a 3 foot right angle to right angle. are there any other brands that are well made and last?

Mogami is full of wobble, in the bass. audiodek, same crap, this link will take you to the only teflon foam dialectic for peanuts. I spent hundreds on cheap IC's for a thread i did here
hands down, these folks made the best low cost 3.5 to double male RCA there is "Velocity Line"
all OFC .......BUT warm and time coherent wires, for peanuts, and they answer the dam phone, they sent me 2 RCA digital coax by accident, I called they said keep them, warned me not to use them for audio cause they sound bad, which they do for audio, and sent pair 3 ft stranded RCA ended FREE  for you $20.00 i think delivered, ha ha I run them to a $1000.00 switching amp with cardas power cord on it. extremely low listening fatigue wonderful sibilants, look forward  :thumb:

PS beyond 3 ft, the sound goes down hill with velocity line, wave curser around screen, then move towards tab at top of screen, a discount will pop up.

https://search.cablestogo.com/?category_1=&keyword=right+angled+3.5+