Bdp-3 wifi dongle is slooooowwww!

BigGeek

Bdp-3 wifi dongle is slooooowwww!
« on: 26 Jan 2021, 02:01 am »
Can a non-Bryston wifi dongle be used that works faster than the Bryston USB dinosaur? If so, is it hard to set up? Any advice for brand, model?

I send music to my attached hard drive across my wifi network. It can be painfully slow.

zoom25

Re: Bdp-3 wifi dongle is slooooowwww!
« Reply #1 on: 26 Jan 2021, 02:56 am »
I used this in the past with my BDP-1. Supports both 2.4 and 5Ghz. Currently used with an IPTV box.

https://imgur.com/a/Quhfb

Another option might be to have a wireless receiver near the BDP-3 that is connected wirelessly to your router, which can also output a gigabit ethernet  that you can connect to the BDP-3 to connect it to your network.

NorthMac

Re: Bdp-3 wifi dongle is slooooowwww!
« Reply #2 on: 26 Jan 2021, 02:00 pm »
I think many of us use a wifi extender, plugged in somewhere near your audio gear, with an ethernet cable from it straight into the BDP.  To transfer an album for me is a minute or two.  But I usually buy music in groups of 6-10 albums, so any wifi transfer is a bit too slow, in that case I normally just shut down the BDP, take my HD upstairs and plug into my computer, and download the music directly from it to the HD - much faster.  Take it back to the BDP, re-boot, and update the database, and you're good to go.