• TIPP YouTube Channel
Re: DIY Amps for NX-Oticas
« Reply #141 on: 16 Aug 2021, 10:56 pm »
I bet I know what it is. :D
me too

cjsailer

« Reply #142 on: 18 Aug 2021, 11:10 pm »
Well then, how about a little speculation jtwrace or mkrawcz?  If it's a super easy kit, I'd probably give it a shot.  But my eyes are getting old and my hands aren't too steady, wouldn't be able to do any precision soldering.

Chilkoot

« Reply #143 on: 21 Aug 2021, 05:20 pm »
Looking forward to hearing about the amp. Super curious.

rockdrummer

« Reply #144 on: 13 Sep 2021, 04:35 pm »
I have no reason to build more amps right now, but I'm still excited to find out what these amps are....

Ben

mkrawcz

« Reply #145 on: 13 Sep 2021, 05:20 pm »
I have no reason to build more amps right now, but I'm still excited to find out what these amps are....

Ben
Check out 26 minutes into the video.
https://youtu.be/_ShoeutZdqQ

rockdrummer

« Reply #146 on: 13 Sep 2021, 08:09 pm »
Thank you.  Looks interesting.

Ben

mkrawcz

« Reply #147 on: 13 Sep 2021, 09:03 pm »
I have one of the prototypes coming later this week. The idea of a battery powered amp intrigues me. I may even use a solar powered battery charger so it’s truly “off the grid”.

mkrawcz

« Reply #148 on: 14 Sep 2021, 11:48 pm »
Just received my GR-Research battery powered chip amp prototype. Straight away I can tell this amp is really something special. I cannot believe how dynamic this little amp is. It's as transparent as the best amps I've ever heard and its not even broken in yet.

Hobbsmeerkat

• Industry Participant
« Reply #149 on: 15 Sep 2021, 01:17 am »
I've really been digging mine too.

They really sound incredible and the setup I have currently with a Tube pre-amp is really sweet and sounding, even compared to the 140W tube amps I was using up until then.

I'm really excited to hear it on my X-Statiks, once I get them back..
Not to mention my NX Studios, once they're finished.

NoahH

« Reply #150 on: 15 Sep 2021, 08:05 am »
I am dying for the details. Can you share if they are bridgeable? My NX-tremes are going to be in an area of roughly 750 sqft (open plan house, not monstrous listening room) so while I really want to believe that 10 watts will do it, having a plan b(ridge) would be nice.

mkrawcz

« Reply #151 on: 15 Sep 2021, 09:24 am »
I am dying for the details. Can you share if they are bridgeable? My NX-tremes are going to be in an area of roughly 750 sqft (open plan house, not monstrous listening room) so while I really want to believe that 10 watts will do it, having a plan b(ridge) would be nice.
Not bridgeable. The NX-Tremes are 94.5db efficient. 10watts is easily more than you will ever need on those.

mkrawcz

« Reply #152 on: 17 Sep 2021, 11:44 am »

I figured I would post a pic of the inside of the GR-Research chip amp for the curious. This little amp is quality all the way. It even has what appears to be Cardas Silver plated RCA connectors. There is not much there to get in between you and the music.

Chilkoot

« Reply #153 on: 18 Sep 2021, 02:31 am »
Minimalist!

mkrawcz

« Reply #154 on: 23 Oct 2021, 10:44 pm »
Just built a new one from Neurochrome, the Mod-86 V3. This amp pretty much matches the Benchmark AHB2 in the lowest distortion amplifier in the world category.

nlitworld

• Strange things are afoot at the Circle K
« Reply #155 on: 24 Oct 2021, 12:37 am »
I figured I would post a pic of the inside of the GR-Research chip amp for the curious. This little amp is quality all the way. It even has what appears to be Cardas Silver plated RCA connectors. There is not much there to get in between you and the music.

But does it post a graph of >0.0000001% distortion AND make you breakfast in the morning? These are the important questions that need answered.  :popcorn:

DJB

« Reply #156 on: 24 Oct 2021, 03:04 am »
GR-Research chip amp, when are they available , sounds interesting

Hobbsmeerkat

• Industry Participant
« Reply #157 on: 24 Oct 2021, 03:28 am »
We currently have approved to make the next batch of 29 chip amps. But the same shortages affecting the world has put a but of a damper on its roll out.

But as soon as we have stock inbound, we'll definitely have more info about them available.  :thumb:

Jaytor

« Reply #158 on: 24 Oct 2021, 03:57 am »
Just built a new one from Neurochrome, the Mod-86 V3. This amp pretty much matches the Benchmark AHB2 in the lowest distortion amplifier in the world category.

Nice build.

wgraft5

• Wayne in Oregon
« Reply #159 on: 24 Oct 2021, 06:37 am »
Thats is really nice. :thumb:

I have an upcoming NX Studio build so this is good info.

To bad Neurochrome does not sell turnkey units, I dont have the skill and equipment to assemble one myself. :duh:

I would like one of the GR Chip amps. Parts shortages affecting the world plus I won't be ready to purchase for a few months so not looking good.

Next choice DAC 2-CHerry King version. Its turn key and i can buy it when I'm ready.

I want the tube Doge 8 Preamp at this point, that may change. Definitely want tube pre.

Please excuse my thread jack :icon_twisted: