Poll

What room placement worked best with your Titan Sub in a stereo only application?

One in the front left corner
2 (50%)
One in the front left, one in the front right corner
0 (0%)
One between the speakers, placed in line with the speaker drivers
0 (0%)
One between the speakers, placed further back towards the front wall
0 (0%)
Other placement - explain in post
2 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Voting closed: 11 Jul 2005, 07:27 am

Titan Subwoofer Room Placement

John B

« on: 11 Jul 2005, 07:27 am »
I have a Titan winging it's way towards me at the moment  :)  I'm in the midst of comparing 6 different subs, the Titan being one.   So far I've discovered that corner placement of a larger cabinet sub is better than a between the speakers placement due to the larger cabinet interfering with the soundstaging.   Also it did blend quite nicely there.   On smaller cabinet sealed designs, between the speaker worked best.    Being the Titan is a larger cabinet sealed design I'm wondering what has worked best with those owners who use it in a stereo only setup.

Rich Carlson

« Reply #1 on: 11 Jul 2005, 10:01 am »
John - When I used a single Titan, what worked best for me was placement behind one speaker, but back against the wall behind the speakers.  I now use two, one more or less behind each speaker against the wall, but shifted somewhat from directly behind in order to get the smoothest bass.
Rich

Harry P

« Reply #2 on: 11 Jul 2005, 07:47 pm »
I have a pair of Force subs. In my two-channel system it worked best to have them fairly near the left and right speakers. My room is rectangular with the speakers on the short wall. The left Force was against the backwall and about 3 feet from the corner. The right Force was against the sidewall and about 3 feet from the conern. When I setup my HT I stacked them in one of the corners.