Emerald Raffle!

Mike Dzurko

Emerald Raffle!
« on: 27 Jun 2005, 09:27 pm »
Time to do some good! With 9/11 and the recent Asian Tsunami,  ACI was proud to be able to support the relief auctions at Audiogon. Now, we want to take a further step with our own product raffles to help a number of worthy causes. With your support we'd love to raise as much money as possible . . . so please jump in with both feet! The first auction is for a pair of beautiful Emeralds. Winner has the choice of Rosewalnut, Honey Oak, Mahogany, or Walnut. $11 buys you a 1/75 chance of owning a brand new pair of Emeralds, puchase more tickets and increase your chances!

Proceeds from our first auction will go to the Alzheimer’s Association. Alzheimer’s disease afflicts over 4.5 million Americans and that number is steadily rising. The emotional costs are staggering and the economic costs to Americans are estimated at over 100 billion dollars per year. As a volunteer with the Alzheimer’s Association, my wife has had a lot of contact with Alzheimer’s families. Though my wife’s involvement, I’ve seen just how widespread and devastating the effects of this disease can be. YOU can make a difference! AND, you might even find yourself owning a brand new pair of Emeralds.

Online entries only. To enter, go to:
http://www.audioc.com/raffle1/raffle.htm

BradJudy

Emerald Raffle!
« Reply #1 on: 27 Jun 2005, 09:45 pm »
I'm in (probably for the next raffles as well).

Craig Chase

Great Causes !
« Reply #2 on: 27 Jun 2005, 09:54 pm »
Thanks for doing this, Mike. Count us in for 3 !

DanaA

Emerald Raffle!
« Reply #3 on: 27 Jun 2005, 10:30 pm »
Me too.  Mike, your goodness and generosity is wonderful!!!

rosconey

Emerald Raffle!
« Reply #4 on: 27 Jun 2005, 11:15 pm »
i bought one  -
my grandfather had Alzheimer’s when he died :cry:

Ajax

Emerald Raffle!
« Reply #5 on: 28 Jun 2005, 02:35 am »
Couldn't pass this one up. :beer: I'm the sole caregiver for my 92 year old Mother who has dementia.  Not exactly the same as Alzheimer's, but close enough.

Woodsea

Emerald Raffle!
« Reply #6 on: 28 Jun 2005, 05:56 am »
I bought a couple, in honor of my Grandfather.  It was a crushing blow to my family who suffered for 5 long years.  He had played in a band through medical school, and was a great granpa.  One of the most kind, charming and intelligent persons I knew.

Mike Dzurko

Emerald Raffle!
« Reply #7 on: 28 Jun 2005, 02:53 pm »
:D

A BIG thanks to all . . .  at this rate the raffle will close sometime today or tomorrow.  Looks like we'll have to put together some more raffles. Keep buying those winning tickets!

nature boy

Emerald Raffle!
« Reply #8 on: 28 Jun 2005, 05:34 pm »
I'm in for a couple of tickets.  The Alzheimer Association does some really great work and ACI is a wonderful company.

NB

Mike Dzurko

Emerald Raffle!
« Reply #9 on: 28 Jun 2005, 06:58 pm »
Tickets are all gone! Less than 24 hours . . . whew!

Many thanks to all who participated. The lucky winner will be announced this Friday, July 1.

Start saving your pennies for the next raffle which we hope to run next Tuesday, July 5. The beneficiary of the next raffle will be Ronald Mc Donald Houses.

ScottMayo

Emerald Raffle!
« Reply #10 on: 28 Jun 2005, 07:25 pm »
Quote from: Mike Dzurko
Tickets are all gone! Less than 24 hours . . . whew!

Many thanks to all who participated. The lucky winner will be announced this Friday, July 1.

Erm... if it's only 75 tickets, picking a random one should be absolutely trivial. Why not announce today? :-)

Mike Dzurko

Emerald Raffle!
« Reply #11 on: 28 Jun 2005, 08:00 pm »
Drawing a random entry will be simple and quick. It is charging through each separate ticket order, contacting people whose cards decline, and giving them time to reply, etc. that takes the time.  Friday is actually pushing it a bit but we should be able to pull it off. Thanks again to everyone!

krikor

• Initiative comes to those who wait.
    • AudioSnoop.com
Any way to verify entry?
« Reply #12 on: 28 Jun 2005, 11:42 pm »
Got my two entries in just in time!

Is there any verification needed that my entry is in the drawing other than the automated email I received from the ordering system?

Thanks Mike.

Brian71

Emerald Raffle!
« Reply #13 on: 29 Jun 2005, 12:54 pm »
Wow, someone's card got declined on a $11 purchase?  ;)  hehe

Mike Dzurko

Re: Any way to verify entry?
« Reply #14 on: 29 Jun 2005, 02:40 pm »
Quote from: krikor
Got my two entries in just in time!

Is there any verification needed that my entry is in the drawing other than the automated email I received from the ordering system?

Thanks Mike.

Good work! The automated reply is all you need . . . thanks!

Mike Dzurko

Emerald Raffle!
« Reply #15 on: 29 Jun 2005, 02:43 pm »
Quote from: Brian71
Wow, someone's card got declined on a $11 purchase?  ;)  hehe

Brian:

Yep, cards decline all the time . . .often it is just a matter of the wrong number was entered . . . it becomes a real problem when they've also given us an email address that doesn't work, happens all the time :nono:

drunkonjack

Emerald Raffle!
« Reply #16 on: 2 Jul 2005, 01:28 pm »
When will the next raffle be held I do not want to miss this one .

This was my suggestion and I missed the last one............What an idiot  :cry:

Craig Chase

Emerald Raffle!
« Reply #17 on: 2 Jul 2005, 02:10 pm »
Quote from: drunkonjack
When will the next raffle be held I do not want to miss this one .

This was my suggestion and I missed the last one............What an idiot  :cry:

DOJ - Next week, look for a raffle for the Ronald McDonald House ...