Linda Ronstadt CDs

Don_S

Linda Ronstadt CDs
« on: 2 Jan 2023, 10:13 pm »
Are there any good reissues of her early CDs? All my early issue Linda Ronstadt CDs sound like they were recorded for car AM playback. Which was the focus then. It was also the general quality of CDs at the time.  What a voice. What a shame she was not recorded better.

The better I make my system the worse those CDs sound. Meanwhile my best CDs just keep getting better.

Please don't bother mentioning hi-res streaming. I am not there yet.

Thanks.

rbbert

Re: Linda Ronstadt CDs
« Reply #1 on: 2 Jan 2023, 11:29 pm »
...Please don't bother mentioning hi-res streaming. I am not there yet.

Thanks.

You may be out of luck then.  I'm not sure which "early" Linda Ronstadt albums you want, but the best digital transfers by far are the hi-res ones.  For sure, though, none of her early albums are audiophile quality in any form.  There are long OOP MFSL CD's which are the best sounding CD's of those albums IME.

JackD

Re: Linda Ronstadt CDs
« Reply #2 on: 3 Jan 2023, 03:27 am »
Don

You might want to try this five CD set from Rhino that some re-working by Doug Sax. I own it an the original issues and it is superior to them.  Only so much Doug could do though.

https://www.amazon.com/Linda-Ronstadt-Original-Album/dp/B008M4HBEO/ref=sr_1_2?crid=1ALNE17ZQ9YPV&keywords=linda+rondstadt+cd+original&qid=1672716294&sprefix=linda+rondstadt+o%2Caps%2C99&sr=8-2