Need a TV stand

djpk

Need a TV stand
« on: 6 Oct 2021, 05:09 am »
I need a TV stand with the dimensions of about 40" wide X 20 " deep X 20" high with a bottom and mid-shelf. You would think that a simple internet search would yield plenty of options, but I haven't found anything that I'm happy with. It doesn't have to be beautiful or fancy, just functional. Would like to stay under $300. Any suggestions?

Wayner

Re: Need a TV stand
« Reply #1 on: 6 Oct 2021, 12:02 pm »
Make one.

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
« Reply #2 on: 6 Oct 2021, 12:12 pm »
Check out TimberNation.  You can order custom pieces that can keep prices down.

SteveFord

• Volunteer
  • The poodle bites, the poodle chews it.
« Reply #3 on: 6 Oct 2021, 12:17 pm »
Facebook Marketplace, you'll find all sorts of stuff.

sunnydaze

« Reply #4 on: 6 Oct 2021, 12:31 pm »
Check out TimberNation.  You can order custom pieces that can keep prices down.

I seriously doubt that Timbernation will be within his budget.    :roll:

Doublej

« Reply #5 on: 6 Oct 2021, 01:52 pm »
Facebook Marketplace, you'll find all sorts of stuff.

or Craig's List. Specifically I would look for Salamander. The double width rack which is what you'll want based on your requirement have been appearing regularly in my area.

lloyd bruney

« Reply #6 on: 6 Oct 2021, 02:39 pm »
Ikea is where I purchased mine .

WGH

« Reply #7 on: 6 Oct 2021, 03:18 pm »
Direct from Mexico has solid wood TV stands in many styles, painted, pine and mesquite.
https://www.directfrommexico.com/

The prices in their Tucson showroom are lower. A lot of fun designs.

djpk

« Reply #8 on: 6 Oct 2021, 06:29 pm »
Thanks for the suggestions. I forgot to mention in my original post that I did find what "I" thought fit my needs perfectly, but my wife said it was ugly. So, it can't be ugly. If I had carpentry skills I would build one myself. I'll keep looking.

sunnydaze

« Reply #9 on: 6 Oct 2021, 06:40 pm »
Literally thousands and thousands of them available online.  All different shapes, styles, designs, colors, builds, etc.  Without you providing further info regarding your tastes and style / decor preferences, it is impossible to provide any worthwhile input / suggestions.    :dunno:

WGH

« Reply #10 on: 6 Oct 2021, 07:50 pm »
You would think that a simple internet search would yield plenty of options, but I haven't found anything that I'm happy with.

Searching for happiness, that's going to take a while.

Overstock.com has 1,973 TV stand results, 450 results below $250
https://www.overstock.com/Home-Garden/Entertainment-Centers/TV-Stands,/type,/2029/subcat.html

Jan_Mc

« Reply #11 on: 6 Oct 2021, 07:54 pm »
I would also recommend Wayfair.  As much as I don't like buying from some of the giant mail order places if you need something specific in a reasonable price bracket they are unbeatable.  I found a beautiful modern black wood and glass stand there that still looks almost new even after 10 years.

djpk

« Reply #12 on: 6 Oct 2021, 10:09 pm »
Literally thousands and thousands of them available online.  All different shapes, styles, designs, colors, builds, etc.  Without you providing further info regarding your tastes and style / decor preferences, it is impossible to provide any worthwhile input / suggestions.    :dunno:
Yes, You're right. Difficult to describe the range of aesthetics that would be acceptable. Fortunately, I found a suitable TV stand on the Staples web site. Thanks everyone for the suggestions!

bacobits1

« Reply #13 on: 7 Oct 2021, 12:44 am »
http://www.vtimanufacturing.com/

Check out VTI on Amazon.
I have had mine a long time well built.

Timbernation is not cheap.  He has had lots of problems in the past. Do a search on Audio asylum.