What LPs have you listened to recently?

Jlappy

Re: What LPs have you listened to recently?
« Reply #3320 on: 18 Dec 2011, 04:30 am »
It's the White Album turned over and upside down. Now who's being silly! :icon_lol:

Paul

Paul,  P'man is playing with us  :nono:  it was (or could be)  this 1st T. Rex lp.  The back of the sleeve of

:lol: :lol:

Jlappy

« Reply #3321 on: 18 Dec 2011, 04:37 am »

Spinning some David's this evening  :wink:

David Bromberg – David Bromberg    Columbia – C 31104 US 1971  :thumb:

DaveyW

« Reply #3322 on: 18 Dec 2011, 07:30 am »
DaveyW,  This Hawkwind is on my 'short list'  is it as good as I have read about?  cheers, Jim

Hi Jim,
It sounds as though you and I were in the same boat, both got a few Hawkwind albums, but never owned or heard this legendary live album.
It arrived on Friday as part of a DISCOGS order, I'd been waiting for a NM copy to turn up on the DOGS at a sensible price for quite some time.
Waited for an empty house, poured a glass of red and just sat and listened all the way through.
I was not disappointed  8)

After hearing a few Live Hawkwind albums which have been a hotch potch of random tracks, hearing a whole concert all the way through with the appropriate in filling segments all in the right places really hit the mark.

The other album I'd recommend is Live Chronicles, again a full rendition of the Chronicles of the Black Sword tour (that was an amazing spectacle to see live  :drool:)

I'd fully recommend both Jim
Cheers
Dave

Jlappy

« Reply #3323 on: 18 Dec 2011, 08:14 am »
Hi Jim,
It sounds as though you and I were in the same boat, both got a few Hawkwind albums, but never owned or heard this legendary live album.
It arrived on Friday as part of a DISCOGS order, I'd been waiting for a NM copy to turn up on the DOGS at a sensible price for quite some time.
Waited for an empty house, poured a glass of red and just sat and listened all the way through.
I was not disappointed  8)

After hearing a few Live Hawkwind albums which have been a hotch potch of random tracks, hearing a whole concert all the way through with the appropriate in filling segments all in the right places really hit the mark.

The other album I'd recommend is Live Chronicles, again a full rendition of the Chronicles of the Black Sword tour (that was an amazing spectacle to see live  :drool:)

I'd fully recommend both Jim
Cheers
Dave

Dave

You are 'spot on' I have a few Hawlkwind lps Hall Of The Mountain Grill & Warrior On The Edge Of Time are my favorites so far!   
Thanks for the excellent recomendtion!  I'll keep on the 'hunt' :)

cheers,  Jim

pumpkinman

• A Kind Word Is an Easy Gift To Give
« Reply #3324 on: 18 Dec 2011, 02:54 pm »
Paul,  P'man is playing with us  :nono:  it was (or could be)  this 1st T. Rex lp.  The back of the sleeve of

:lol: :lol:

It is that LP but mine is all white

I'm sorry I posted it

bside123

« Reply #3325 on: 18 Dec 2011, 03:58 pm »

Three Dog Night "Suitable For Framing" 1969 Dunhill Records LP

Jlappy

« Reply #3326 on: 18 Dec 2011, 04:15 pm »

I'm sorry I posted it

P'man,  don't be - you are just missing the mini poster part!  I think / heard the the record company wanted to market Marc Bolan as a teen 'heart throb' I bet when you picked up this lp the original owner still had the mini poster on their bedroom wall  :lol:

pumpkinman

« Reply #3327 on: 18 Dec 2011, 04:27 pm »
P'man,  don't be - you are just missing the mini poster part!  I think / heard the the record company wanted to market Marc Bolan as a teen 'heart throb' I bet when you picked up this lp the original owner still had the mini poster on their bedroom wall  :lol:

Thanks Jim I bought that LP used long before the internet and I always thought that was the way it came

DaveyW

« Reply #3328 on: 18 Dec 2011, 04:36 pm »

2nd spin since the Postman's visit on Friday - Spot on for a frosty late Sunday afternoon  8)

pumpkinman

« Reply #3329 on: 18 Dec 2011, 05:03 pm »
Bee Gees' 1st

pumpkinman

« Reply #3330 on: 18 Dec 2011, 05:19 pm »
I love that Bee Gees Lp but it just wasn't cutting today
Alvin Lee ~ Detroit Diesel

DaveyW

« Reply #3331 on: 18 Dec 2011, 05:49 pm »
I love that Bee Gees Lp but it just wasn't cutting today

Ah Ha! Maybe due to the recent exposure to Rhapsody  :icon_twisted:   :P

Filling the DaveW house now

Mitsuman

• Diamond Tone Junkie
« Reply #3332 on: 18 Dec 2011, 05:57 pm »

orthobiz

« Reply #3333 on: 18 Dec 2011, 06:48 pm »
Spinning some David's this evening  :wink:

David Bromberg – David Bromberg    Columbia – C 31104 US 1971  :thumb:

Musta seen Bromberg three or four times back in the day. Saw him at Stony Brook University on Long Island...one time he had a bawdy looking gal dancing on stage to "Sharon." In poor taste, maybe, but fun. He's making violins in Wilmington, DE now...

Paul

orthobiz

« Reply #3334 on: 18 Dec 2011, 06:50 pm »

I'm sorry I posted it

I know you're resilient. You'll recover. Who else can I bust chops with? Certainly not the homegrown midwesterners where I've spent the last 20 years!

Paul

Jlappy

« Reply #3335 on: 18 Dec 2011, 07:30 pm »
Musta seen Bromberg three or four times back in the day. Saw him at Stony Brook University on Long Island...one time he had a bawdy looking gal dancing on stage to "Sharon." In poor taste, maybe, but fun. He's making violins in Wilmington, DE now...

Paul

Paul,  Thanks for sharing. . . . I've been haunted by Sammy's Song . . . Many of his songs are well crafted.  It is good hear about his violin making, my son's learning to fiddle so i'll need to look him up! 

cheers, Jim

Jlappy

« Reply #3336 on: 18 Dec 2011, 07:34 pm »

Fleetwood Mac – Kiln House   Reprise Records RS 6408    US 1970  :thumb:

pumpkinman

« Reply #3337 on: 18 Dec 2011, 07:47 pm »
I picked up this white label promo today for $3

I know you're resilient. You'll recover. Who else can I bust chops with? Certainly not the homegrown midwesterners where I've spent the last 20 years!

Ok but next time I'll just take ball and play somewhere else    :lol:

vinyl_lady

« Reply #3338 on: 18 Dec 2011, 08:28 pm »
Thanks Jim I bought that LP used long before the internet and I always thought that was the way it came

It looked to me like there was some writing at the top of the album cover where the record wear shows through. I'm I right or is that just record wear?

jimdgoulding

« Reply #3339 on: 18 Dec 2011, 08:31 pm »
Hip Elegy- Joachim Kuhn (MPS);
Desert Marauders- Art Lande and Rubisa Patrol (ECM);
Rough Mix- Pete Townsend and Ronnie Lane (Classic Records re-issue).