1 meter or half meter digital cable

TV Man

« on: 18 Feb 2003, 05:26 pm »
Hi,

Would there be any improvement by using your .5 meter digital cable instead of the longer 1 meter cable?? Trying to keep the signal path short, but don't know if this would help.

Thanks

Wayne1

« Reply #1 on: 18 Feb 2003, 07:42 pm »
Waveforms do look better with a shorter cable. :)

I do suggest as short a cable as you can get away with.

TV Man

« Reply #2 on: 22 Feb 2003, 09:35 pm »
Thanks Wayne :)

Sent my order in for a half meter cable today...

Since you do these custum as the orders come in how long is your usual turnaround time??

Wayne1

« Reply #3 on: 22 Feb 2003, 11:35 pm »
For the standard digital cables, I am currently running about 1 1/2 weeks. A good portion of that time is spent breaking in on the Cable Cooker.

Cryo treated cables take a lot longer.

CE

« Reply #4 on: 29 Mar 2003, 05:43 pm »
Quote from: Wayne1
Waveforms do look better with a shorter cable. :)

I do suggest as short a cable as you can get away with.
Is about 1.5 feet of wire an audible difference?  Please explain?  I also notice you freeze the wire,  why?

CE

Short cables
« Reply #5 on: 12 Apr 2003, 01:36 pm »
Guess there is no answer to a non issue?

CE

Cable Cooker?
« Reply #6 on: 12 Apr 2003, 01:37 pm »
can ypu please explain this process?  Results, reasons it is used?

Pez

« Reply #7 on: 12 Apr 2003, 10:58 pm »
CE,
    It sounds like you've already made up your mind on all of the above questions, so why ask? Is it to deliberately piss people off?  I doubt Wayne or any other human being could have a discussion with you and actually expect to be spoken to with respect or sincerity.  I doubt anyone in their right mind who runs a business would want to put themselves in a position where they would have to communicate with you publicly or privately.

CE

Cable Cooker
« Reply #8 on: 12 Apr 2003, 11:36 pm »
since I'm in the electronics field, I've never heard of a cable cooker before.  I work on equipment that is far more pricey than the most expensive audio gear you could dream up.  Audio electronics, with it's weird science begs for answers.  Claims of wire with sound just baffles me...wiring devices with audio qualitys?  that like teh cord cap I would put on a piece of my equipment, making it do what it does better.  Impossible.  Cord caps are rated for voltage, current, enviorment.  NEMA standards. Same with wire, so this Cable Cooker must be something beyond electronics, no?

Pez

« Reply #9 on: 13 Apr 2003, 03:01 am »
Like I said it sounds like you've already made up your mind on the subject. You know often very wise people say to me "The more I learn the less I know" I hope to be as wise someday so I also say it.  :)

I often find foolish people make reference to their credentials and background as if that makes their knowledge more valid than someone elses. If you really find this to be a valid disscussion re-post it in the main forum where you will get more response.

TV Man

.5 meter cable
« Reply #10 on: 14 Apr 2003, 03:08 am »
Hi,

Thought I'd post a followup now that the Bullet Plugged half meter digital cable has been in my system for a while.

This cable is great!!! My digital (NEC CDR602 feeding vanAlstine Omegastar DAC) has never sounded better. Much more ambient detail being let through with the Bolder cable. Nice big open sound... This cable is highly recommended :)

Can't compare with the 1 meter version because I don't have one... but I'm VERY satisfied with Wayne's product. It was a very worthwhile upgrade for me