MAAC Meet May / June ?

r.wasserstrom

Re: MAAC Meet May / June ?
« Reply #60 on: 16 Jun 2013, 12:39 am »
Jon,
Thanks for hosting today's meet. I enjoyed seeing everyone and listening to your systems.

I am planning on hosting a meeting in the fall, as I did last year.

Rich

*Scotty*

« Reply #61 on: 16 Jun 2013, 12:52 am »
Jon, Thank-you for the hospitality and the beer. I enjoyed hearing your TT and Manley rig in the living room as we didn't get around to spinning any vinyl the last time I was over.
Scotty

etcarroll

• SE PA. by way of Boston, MA.
« Reply #62 on: 16 Jun 2013, 01:46 am »
Jon -

A pleasure meeting you and the others today, now, could you raise your projector?

Gene

Phil A

« Reply #63 on: 16 Jun 2013, 02:34 am »
Jon, thanks for hosting the meet and the hospitality.  Those special napkins you had made up for one of the attendees was a nice touch :lol:  Before I start ripping the system apart in the fall for the move, I'll try to host a get together.  Perhaps, just around of the summer towards mid to late September.

pansixt

« Reply #64 on: 16 Jun 2013, 02:44 am »
Darn I hated missing the meet today. Especially the maggies. But mostly I missed seeing all of you that were there.

I am looking forward to a second meet at Rich W's to hear those very alluring Quad's again, and of course Phil, your system is insanely amazing.

Hopefully I can make any future meets. :thumb:

James

HAL

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #65 on: 16 Jun 2013, 02:48 am »
Jon,
Had a great time today listening to the setups and seeing everyone again!

Thanks for hosting it and having us over!

The other Rich  :D

pansixt

« Reply #66 on: 16 Jun 2013, 02:57 am »

The other Rich  :D

Hated missing you HAL. I always enjoy your learned self.    And you are never just, The Other Rich. 8)

jarcher

• Industry Participant
  • It Just Sounds Right
« Reply #67 on: 16 Jun 2013, 03:01 am »
Thanks guys for coming over!  Happy 70th napkins provided some unintended comedy.  Have to put some warning tape on the projector the next time for you all with big noggins.

HAL - didn't get to listen to that new black sabbath album after all!  If you're ever back this way, drop buy and we'll give it another chance. Despite what some may think, Maggie s are great for heavy metal, especially with a tube amp for the more low and deep stuff.

Hopefully catch you all at CAF!

jarcher

• Industry Participant
  • It Just Sounds Right
« Reply #68 on: 16 Jun 2013, 03:05 am »
James - guests left me with more beer than I can drink in a month, so come over some time when you can. No cj amp to offer/, but do have my eye on a cj preamp, and some recent cable  changes have made the krell more palatable.

pansixt

« Reply #69 on: 16 Jun 2013, 03:11 am »
James - guests left me with more beer than I can drink in a month, so come over some time when you can. No cj amp to offer/, but do have my eye on a cj preamp, and some recent cable  changes have made the krell more palatable.

Dig It.
I could use the distraction as you said before and maybe I'll bring the Transcendence 8 pre.

Roscoe Primrose

• DC Audio DIY
« Reply #70 on: 16 Jun 2013, 03:29 am »
Jon, thanks for hosting, good times were had by all as far as I could see...

Roscoe

mix4fix

• Volunteer
  • I reject your music, and substitute my own.
« Reply #71 on: 16 Jun 2013, 04:31 am »
Hooked up those speakers. Will play with the sub later but they already sound better in my small room.

Phil A

« Reply #72 on: 16 Jun 2013, 04:24 pm »
Jon, I have a solution for the projector height issue those are complaining about. Have a 400 foot hole drilled at the appropriate spot so no one's head will hit it.  Those walking that way will do down the hole and be greeted by the usher with the pitchfork and get a choice of only the following movies forever  :green:- http://www.metacritic.com/feature/20-worst-chick-flicks-since-1990

r.wasserstrom

« Reply #73 on: 16 Jun 2013, 04:46 pm »
I'm glad to see that Phil found the 70th birthday napkins so amusing.  Phil should not forget that I know where he lives.  I've summoned the AARP Not-So-Rapid-Response Squad and they've started to shuffle out to Phil's place.  They're a tough bunch will beat you about the head and shoulders with their walkers unless you join AARP, for which you're more than eligible.   :lol:

The Other, Other Rich

Phil A

« Reply #74 on: 16 Jun 2013, 04:51 pm »
I'm glad to see that Phil found the 70th birthday napkins so amusing.  Phil should not forget that I know where he lives.  I've summoned the AARP Not-So-Rapid-Response Squad and they've started to shuffle out to Phil's place.  They're a tough bunch will beat you about the head and shoulders with their walkers unless you join AARP, for which you're more than eligible.   :lol:

The Other, Other Rich

Too funny - I just made a donation in your name  :green: :green: :green: http://jeffkreisler.com/law.html

etcarroll

• SE PA. by way of Boston, MA.
« Reply #75 on: 16 Jun 2013, 08:16 pm »
Well, Georgia Rules ok 'cuz you get to ogle a still sexy La Lohan, and the Old Rich can ogle a 70-ish Fonda.

Jon, I have a solution for the projector height issue those are complaining about. Have a 400 foot hole drilled at the appropriate spot so no one's head will hit it.  Those walking that way will do down the hole and be greeted by the usher with the pitchfork and get a choice of only the following movies forever  :green:- http://www.metacritic.com/feature/20-worst-chick-flicks-since-1990

mix4fix

• Volunteer
  • I reject your music, and substitute my own.
« Reply #76 on: 16 Jun 2013, 08:32 pm »
Well, Georgia Rules ok 'cuz you get to ogle a still sexy La Lohan, and the Old Rich can ogle a 70-ish Fonda.

Don't tallk bad about my Li-Lo.

:evil:

Phil A

« Reply #77 on: 16 Jun 2013, 10:17 pm »
Here's Jon's living room system from June 15.  We split time between this one, the basement one and the one in is attic.

Phil A

« Reply #78 on: 16 Jun 2013, 10:18 pm »
This was somone's napkin.  Not sure which June 15 attendee Jon had this made up for.  Was a very nice gesture.

DTB300

« Reply #79 on: 17 Jun 2013, 12:36 pm »
Thanks guys for coming over! 
Thanks for having all of us over to your place for a very nice afternoon.