A Game of Inches!

josh358

Re: A Game of Inches!
« Reply #40 on: 8 Apr 2012, 04:59 pm »
Line source plasma which goes down to 300 hz!

Wow, where did that come from?

kevin360

• án sǫngr ek svelta
« Reply #41 on: 8 Apr 2012, 05:20 pm »
Cool, indeed, but doesn't plasma react with oxygen to produce harmful (and corrosive) allotropes?

josh358

« Reply #42 on: 8 Apr 2012, 06:02 pm »
Cool, indeed, but doesn't plasma react with oxygen to produce harmful (and corrosive) allotropes?

Hence the tank of helium in the Hill Plasmatronics. OTOH, I have a gas line in my fireplace -- I was thinking I could make flame speakers.

SteveFord

• Facilitator
  • The poodle bites, the poodle chews it.
« Reply #43 on: 8 Apr 2012, 07:57 pm »
If that Poodle Lecture was the same thing as was shown in Baby Snakes I was there.
You know the fellow who tries to hand Frank the "Tower of Power" in the beginning of the film?  He looks an awful lot like the guy in my mirror.   :D

medium jim

« Reply #44 on: 8 Apr 2012, 10:10 pm »
Steve:

Get a different mirror!

Jim

Robin Hood

« Reply #45 on: 8 Apr 2012, 11:51 pm »
RH:

Let me see, you know hemholtz, me think you know more than you are letting on....

Jim

I don't know Hemholtz but I like his choice in speakers.

medium jim

« Reply #46 on: 9 Apr 2012, 12:41 am »
I don't know Hemholtz but I like his choice in speakers.

In Magnepan we trust!

Jim

kevin360

• án sǫngr ek svelta
« Reply #47 on: 9 Apr 2012, 01:14 am »
If that Poodle Lecture was the same thing as was shown in Baby Snakes I was there.
You know the fellow who tries to hand Frank the "Tower of Power" in the beginning of the film?  He looks an awful lot like the guy in my mirror.   :D

Okay folks, is this our facilitator trying to hand Frank a dope fiend device?

medium jim

« Reply #48 on: 9 Apr 2012, 01:21 am »
Why does that picture conger up Bang a Gong, Don't Bogart that Joint my Friend, Roll another one just like the other one, or maybe Harry S Anslinger, "Reefer Madness"...

I don't think there was a concert back in the 70's where you didn't get at minimum a contact high from 2nd hand smoke...

Jim

SteveFord

• Facilitator
  • The poodle bites, the poodle chews it.
« Reply #49 on: 9 Apr 2012, 09:42 am »
The old US Bong, gone but not forgotten.

What's the other guy got, a giant pair of underpants? 
Those concerts were always a lot of fun.

The funny part (for me) is that I didn't see the movie until three years ago so I had forgotten all about it.  I nearly fell over when I saw it!

kevin360

• án sǫngr ek svelta
« Reply #50 on: 9 Apr 2012, 03:26 pm »
Jim,

You're welcome. :icon_twisted: Back in the 70s, I contributed to the 'atmosphere' at concerts. I must confess to being a typical musician, unlike Frank. :guitar:

Steve,

Yes, I have fond memories of those things too. Ah, those were the days...in a way. Frank's drugs of choice were caffeine and nicotine...and music. He said pot made his throat hurt and made him sleepy. He was rather outspoken against the use of drugs, but that message went in one ear and straight out the other. :eyebrows:

I can imagine how you might have reacted when you saw that. I would ask how you forgot about it, but... :lol:

medium jim

« Reply #51 on: 9 Apr 2012, 04:58 pm »
Kevin:

Moreover, Frank demanded that the musicians in his band didn't do drugs and it has been told that if he found out you did, you were no longer in the Mothers of Invention. 

Jim