piano m1 dual outputs?

marvda1

• freelance reviewer: The Sound Advocate
piano m1 dual outputs?
« on: 2 Sep 2013, 05:15 pm »
are the dual outputs connected or separate?  in other words can i hook up two different pairs of interconnects and connect them to different preamp inputs to a/b the two cables without shorting something ?

marvda1

• freelance reviewer: The Sound Advocate
Re: piano m1 dual outputs?
« Reply #1 on: 7 Sep 2013, 04:20 pm »
no answer?

audiorook72

• Virtue Amp-ed and loving it....
« Reply #2 on: 11 Sep 2013, 04:22 pm »
Not too sure if this were correct but I do run two sets of interconnects on the M1 dual outputs to different amplifiers, plus the optical output to a DAC.  So far so good, no problems...  guess its okay to do as you have asked.

demodisc9

« Reply #3 on: 17 Sep 2013, 02:27 am »
Thanks to both of the previous 2 posts.
I've been giving some thought to utilizing the extra outputs of my piano as well.

sugbob21

« Reply #4 on: 17 Sep 2013, 11:21 am »
yes...you can connect the dual ouputs to different amps.  i have a set of outputs connected to 2 separate headphone amps and and the coaxal output connected to my DAC into my main rig.  So its connected to 3 different devices..

audiorook72

• Virtue Amp-ed and loving it....
« Reply #5 on: 17 Sep 2013, 11:50 am »
Not too sure if this were correct but I do run two sets of interconnects on the M1 dual outputs to different amplifiers, plus the optical output to a DAC.  So far so good, no problems...  guess its okay to do as you have asked.

Oh.. Forgot to add that I also have the coaxial output to a DAC. The optical to an AVR which has an in built DAC to process the signals.

So, in total, i have four outputs hooked up on my piano M1.

virtue

• Facilitator
  • Making audio lovers audiophiles
    • Virtue Audio
« Reply #6 on: 22 Sep 2013, 06:41 pm »
There's a AD pre-amplifier in there so you should be very safe with multiple hookups (which are in parallel).