Clearaudio MM -- AT-95E and beyond

Guy 13

Re: Clearaudio MM -- AT-95E and beyond
« Reply #1380 on: 11 Mar 2016, 10:56 am »
I couldn't help but notice, no one commented on the Stereoplay tests.  Some interesting carts on there including the Grado Sonata, AT33EV, Kisiki Blue, and Einstein is next to Lyra.  The link is an entire page to the rear so rather than get sarcastic:
https://www.fastaudio.com/workspace/media/downloads/pdf-auf-die-spitze-getrieben_stp_04_14_046_054.pdf

I'm afraid, without David Dlaloum to steer, we're a rudderless ship.  David has more important things to do.  We'll just have to muddle through. 
I relapsed the other day.  I wonder if the compulsion to smoke ever goes away.  I've heard stories of people smoking after being clean for 10 years or more.  Most people don't realize that smoking is the strongest addiction in the arsenal of substances.  At the methadone clinic they say it's one day at a time, but with smoking it's one hour at a time.  I kid you not. 

I think it's a good idea to discourage smoking, but raising the price to a million dollars a pack to fund incompetence, is punishing the victims.  It's legal to smoke and the first cigg is cheap ($0.50), and once you're hooked it leaves you broke and in poor health.  Think about it.  Our governments are dope dealers profiting on the misery of victims. 
neo

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

GentleBender

« Reply #1381 on: 11 Mar 2016, 02:10 pm »
Neo,

I was actually trying to translate that information, but ran out of patience. I did enjoy looking over the charts and specs. That is a very revealing article even without translation, seeing the frequency responses is much appreciated. I wish there was a cartridge library like the Cable Co. to see which is best in my system. If a company could insure the cartridges and charged a fee to "try" them. Sure it would be complicated, I would be happy to pay.

Sorry to hear of your relapse. I smoked from age 14-32. My wife and I quit smoking in 2007 when her mom had to have surgery to remove black sections cut out of her lungs. I had tried many other times, even succeeded once. Then I let stress and addiction win again. There were five of us in the family that quit to support her kicking the habit. My wife and I are the only ones that actually made it. :( Her mom is back to smoking after a couple years of quitting and has a frequent nasty cough. I very rarely get the "craving" and the thought of paying $7+ a pack greatly helps prevent caving into that damn habit. One of the many problems is that most start smoking while young and invincible and not much thought of how much slower the body heals as you get older and the repercussions of choices down the road.

Most addicts must find a new addiction to keep them focused. I used exercise and workout until I almost destroyed my rotator cuff working out 7 days a week. I suppose my 5'9" 160lb frame wasn't built to bench 350lbs (at least I made it to 285lb) :duh: At least by then I was much safer from relapse. I enjoy so many things much more without the side effects of smoking. Food tastes better, bedroom activities are much better, falling asleep without fighting to catch my breath are only a few things that keep me clean. Besides at $7 for one pack a day for 7 days a week is $49 a week, the cost of a great record or you could save it for the entire year for $2548 to buy a nice cartridge or tonearm. Damn, how about a new TT?

Sorry for the rant, but I am praying you kick the habit quick before it really gets a good hold again.

neobop

• BIRD LIVES
« Reply #1382 on: 11 Mar 2016, 05:48 pm »
Hi Guy13,
How's your arm(s)?  I thought about your Rega when the ground connection broke inside one of my arms.  I remember your tech welded it on and that's right for aluminum.  It's a tricky weld.  Most dudes who weld can't weld aluminum.  Sorry if I was harsh after DIY dude implied I called him a liar.  It's natural when you get angry to stop reading and he lost it......    anyway, hope you didn't think I was taking it out on you.

Sometimes I forget these forums go Worldwide.  I usually don't think about that.  Most US citizens don't understand our Constitution and Bill of Rights.  These are the greatest documents of their kind ever conceived in the History of the World, a self perpetuating blueprint for freedom.  Problem is, a blueprint must be followed, to work.

Checks and balances - Legislative branch passes/changes laws.  Executive branch executes laws, oversees administrative/diplomatic duties.  Judicial branch decides on matters of law.   Each branch balances out the other branches.  Like a tree, each branch should be healthy for the tree to be balanced and not lean over or fall down in a storm. 

The Supreme Court does not legislate or pass laws.  It's their job to decided if a law conforms to the provisions of the Constitution, if it's fair or reasonable under those provisions, or not.  If not, the court sends it back and says, try again. 

The Executive branch can not change laws.  The duty of the President is to carry out the laws passed by Congress and to oversee foreign policy.

The problem is, two branches are trying to take power from one of the other branches.  The Supreme Court is "legislating from the bench" IMO, that means exceeding their authority and going beyond ruling on constitutionality, and changing law.

The President is also exceeding his authority IMO.  His interpretation, and execution of the laws passed by Congress far exceed their intent.  This does not mean I am for or against a particular policy. 

Hey Guy13, check this - turn it up to 11:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0968f0VWvd8

neo

a.wayne

« Reply #1383 on: 12 Mar 2016, 07:02 pm »
Hi Guy13,
How's your arm(s)?  I thought about your Rega when the ground connection broke inside one of my arms.  I remember your tech welded it on and that's right for aluminum.  It's a tricky weld.  Most dudes who weld can't weld aluminum.  Sorry if I was harsh after DIY dude implied I called him a liar.  It's natural when you get angry to stop reading and he lost it......    anyway, hope you didn't think I was taking it out on you.

Sometimes I forget these forums go Worldwide.  I usually don't think about that.  Most US citizens don't understand our Constitution and Bill of Rights.  These are the greatest documents of their kind ever conceived in the History of the World, a self perpetuating blueprint for freedom.  Problem is, a blueprint must be followed, to work.

Checks and balances - Legislative branch passes/changes laws.  Executive branch executes laws, oversees administrative/diplomatic duties.  Judicial branch decides on matters of law.   Each branch balances out the other branches.  Like a tree, each branch should be healthy for the tree to be balanced and not lean over or fall down in a storm. 

The Supreme Court does not legislate or pass laws.  It's their job to decided if a law conforms to the provisions of the Constitution, if it's fair or reasonable under those provisions, or not.  If not, the court sends it back and says, try again. 

The Executive branch can not change laws.  The duty of the President is to carry out the laws passed by Congress and to oversee foreign policy.

The problem is, two branches are trying to take power from one of the other branches.  The Supreme Court is "legislating from the bench" IMO, that means exceeding their authority and going beyond ruling on constitutionality, and changing law.

The President is also exceeding his authority IMO.  His interpretation, and execution of the laws passed by Congress far exceed their intent.  This does not mean I am for or against a particular policy. 

Hey Guy13, check this - turn it up to 11:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0968f0VWvd8

neo

+ 100 x current debt  :)

a.wayne

« Reply #1384 on: 12 Mar 2016, 07:06 pm »
It shouldn't be too long before I can start my new table build.  I want to try to duplicate the Kenwood anti-resonance material as used on the L07d, KD500, etc. but on a Halcro style pod.  This material requires lots of ventilation when drying and it's still too cold for that.  I might take some photos as I go and hopefully it won't jinx me. 

The table is a newly acquired JVC/Victor TT81 motor unit.  I have a 120V AC to 100V step down from Amazon and I'm ready to get started.  I also now have a Victor 7045 arm, and I'm thinking of using the Unitrac or Sonus with it, on another pod.  If I set up a third pod for a mono cart maybe I could sell a few tables, but it's always hard for me to sell a piece of my collection even if it's not the greatest or best.  Truth be told, I'm not an audiophile.  This is a hobby for me and I'm into music, so there it is, a vehicle, a means to an end not a business anymore and hopefully not an obsession. 

Some of you might remember our talking about Raul on Audiogon forum.  This is the guy who started the MM/MI thread on Agon.  Some of this is funny, but the guy is so stupid it's pathetic.  He obviously has two authors for his technical questions and..... 
My member name on there is fleib.

https://forum.audiogon.com/discussions/tonearm-recommendation

Funny you should mention , Im currently  restoring my KD650 , looking at tonearms /cartridge  ....

neobop

• BIRD LIVES
« Reply #1385 on: 13 Mar 2016, 12:24 am »
+ 100 x current debt  :)
Hey A. Wayne,
The national debt?  I think it's more like from 8 to 18T in 8 years.  Sweeeeet, got it coming up 8's.  I think that qualifies for some kind of award. 

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_2_12?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=magic+8+ball+original&sprefix=magic+8+ball%2Caps%2C140

I broke my 8 ball.  I really miss it.   
Kids liked it too. 
It's magic you know.  No foolin. 

I got this tiineee peromid, 
he  is really really cool. 
Sits on the sink, & you put your  blade  in  an keep er super sharp shararp. Oh yeah.
Got me one old rayayzor,  he loadss a double  side  blade.  U twisist t handle _ open up top. 
Don't you mess with that  thin thin blade.
Rarazor don't fit, under the peerramid___  end of handle he stick oouut.
Got me some messed up azimuthoth  (decending)
That's whyy the  pyramiddd    he don'to oont worerrkkk
But he looooks mi I g t y sharp.

Just played the White Album backwards.  Think I nailed that one. 
Can't explain how those words came out played backwards. 
Cosmic man.
I broke my table but it was worth it. 
just a motor   got the rotor.
Think I'll call Japan. 

neo

neobop

• BIRD LIVES
« Reply #1386 on: 13 Mar 2016, 03:04 am »
Did I hear KD-650 ?   ?  ? 

Will the KD650 owner please pick up your table 2 or 3 times and bench it 25 times?   Nice table A. W.  Take a KD 500 and a Denon 1250 for it??

What do you want a big ol table like that for?  Slim down - get the modern look.  I'll find a cute little B&O and throw it in.  That's 3 for 1.  You could have a table for every spare room and one for mono? 

Speakin of finance, what happens in times of war?  The gov sells war bonds and borrows money to finance the war, like in WWII.  Gov needs to borrow money for F35's and Patriot III missiles.  Hey, you see that rail gun?  Google that bad boy.  It's a magnetic missile launcher with no fuel - just magnetic repulsion - can hit a moving target over 100 miles away.  Uses satellite targeting or something.  That seems like the weapon of choice for domestic violence.  Ladies, have one of these towed to your house.  He'll never know what hit him.
neo 

ACHiPo

« Reply #1387 on: 13 Mar 2016, 03:19 am »

I've got a new friend.  She's a little whacky, but .....

See ya on the flip side,
neo

Sarah Silverman?

ACHiPo

« Reply #1388 on: 13 Mar 2016, 03:25 am »

I relapsed the other day.  I wonder if the compulsion to smoke ever goes away.  I've heard stories of people smoking after being clean for 10 years or more.  Most people don't realize that smoking is the strongest addiction in the arsenal of substances.  At the methadone clinic they say it's one day at a time, but with smoking it's one hour at a time.  I kid you not. 

I think it's a good idea to discourage smoking, but raising the price to a million dollars a pack to fund incompetence, is punishing the victims.  It's legal to smoke and the first cigg is cheap ($0.50), and once you're hooked it leaves you broke and in poor health.  Think about it.  Our governments are dope dealers profiting on the misery of victims. 
neo
As a recovering nicotine addict, preach brother!  Twelve years since I gave up cancer sticks.  At $50/carton, that's $2500/year I can spend on audio gear and live longer to enjoy it to boot.  It was 10 years before I felt I could have a cigar without falling off the wagon.  I can now have a few cigars a year without having any desire to take it further, and cigarettes just smell nasty, but I never take it for granted.

neobop

• BIRD LIVES
« Reply #1389 on: 13 Mar 2016, 10:32 am »
You ever wake up in the middle of the night cause you had a weird dream or something tickled you and you couldn't figure what it was?
Maybe you had a new approach and wanted to write it down before you forgot it, or maybe it was the cat downstairs playin with a mouse.
They like to bat em around a little you know - playin with the prey.  The mouse normally gets away but they die anyway being mortally wounded from the claws.  They die of acute infection of the blood?  Go into some room and think it smells funny and later you find Mummy Mouse when you sweep behind the radiator.  Mummy's embalmed in his/her own dried juice and wrapped in cat hair.  Oh my what a sweet find.  Score id BC Cat 5? - mice 0.00. 
Better hope Mummy Mouse don't come back to life and hunt you down.  Nothing more dangerous than Mummy Mouse.

I love my little BC and she loves and cherishes me.  I don't trim her claws.  No, she likes em long and sharpens em on a post.  That's what mousers do.
BC is Russian Blue, but she looks grey to me.  Got her in Lancaster County from a farmer who was glad to be rid of her.  Picked up an Amish hat too.  Got stuck behind a buggy out there.  Wasn't bad, dude pulled to the right when he could and I drove on by.

Mr. GentleBender, please stand before this inquisition and tell the members, Do you know or have you ever known a gentlemen who goes by the handle Nandric?  His other name may be Nicola Nickelavitsky.  We have reason to believe he has contacted both yourself and Mr. Archibald Phew in a dastardly Russian mind control plot.   You are sentenced to hard labor in the Thought Police organization where you may have the opportunity to have your rank elevated to Secretary of  Cool Rubber Guys of both alien and domestic origin. 
Evan, how's your pod?

I was feeling a little stressed so I put some nicotine back in my vapes.  I appreciate the concern, but it's often counterproductive to harp.  I still support Smokers Rights, being an addict.  People don't consider the other aspects of an issue like sin tax.  Innocent people must pay that tax, and they are the victims.  How does this make sense?

I also support Male Rights and don't accept the political correctness fallacies commonly fostered today.

Yes, that's Sarah Silverman in the photo.  She got something, a certain gesture, wrong on her HBO special, but I could straighten her out if she has an open mind.  Something else too - inappropriate on this forum. 

Dizzy Gillespie for President!!! 

GentleBender

« Reply #1390 on: 13 Mar 2016, 12:03 pm »
 :lol: You had me googling those people to figure out where you were headed.

Sorry about the previous nag. :| They say ex-smokers are the worst and it is true. I know I could care less about whatever came out their mouths when I was smoking and here I am. I know it is hard and I hope I can avoid that dance again. We understand how hard it is and I didn't mean to harp.

a.wayne

« Reply #1391 on: 13 Mar 2016, 06:14 pm »
Did I hear KD-650 ?   ?  ? 

Will the KD650 owner please pick up your table 2 or 3 times and bench it 25 times?   Nice table A. W.  Take a KD 500 and a Denon 1250 for it??

What do you want a big ol table like that for?  Slim down - get the modern look.  I'll find a cute little B&O and throw it in.  That's 3 for 1.  You could have a table for every spare room and one for mono? 

Speakin of finance, what happens in times of war?  The gov sells war bonds and borrows money to finance the war, like in WWII.  Gov needs to borrow money for F35's and Patriot III missiles.  Hey, you see that rail gun?  Google that bad boy.  It's a magnetic missile launcher with no fuel - just magnetic repulsion - can hit a moving target over 100 miles away.  Uses satellite targeting or something.  That seems like the weapon of choice for domestic violence.  Ladies, have one of these towed to your house.  He'll never know what hit him.
neo

The 650 has been in house since 1980 , plan on getting it armed up and singing this year ...

As to magnetic weaponry,  supposedly that was what Iverson was working on when he went missing some decades ago , leaving all his Eagle amp fans  in a bind ... :) 

neobop

• BIRD LIVES
« Reply #1392 on: 14 Mar 2016, 02:58 pm »
The 650 has been in house since 1980 , plan on getting it armed up and singing this year ...

As to magnetic weaponry,  supposedly that was what Iverson was working on when he went missing some decades ago , leaving all his Eagle amp fans  in a bind ... :)

The 650 is a good ol destroyer, very serviceable, but don't get carried away.  It's not exactly an L07D. 

Not sure I follow on the rest.  Eagle amp?     

Is that a Rowland amp in your avatar?   Can you carry a Stereo 5 with one hand?
How about a monoblock?

comin at ya

*Scotty*

« Reply #1393 on: 14 Mar 2016, 04:39 pm »
Here are links to more info on John Iverson and The Electron Kinetics Eagle amplifiers.
http://www.eagle-audio.com/history.htm
http://www.stereophile.com/solidpoweramps/electron_kinetics_eagle_2_power_amplifier/
Scotty

neobop

• BIRD LIVES
« Reply #1394 on: 14 Mar 2016, 04:40 pm »
:lol: You had me googling those people to figure out where you were headed.

Sorry about the previous nag. :| They say ex-smokers are the worst and it is true. I know I could care less about whatever came out their mouths when I was smoking and here I am. I know it is hard and I hope I can avoid that dance again. Weunderstand how hard it is and I didn't mean to harp.

Just wondering, you used the royal "we".  You can explain if you wish. 

Sometimes it hard to know someone's agenda.  Everyone's trying to prove something, which might be good if you're Stephen Hawking, but most people aren't that cute and lovable and I mean that in the sense of his practical nurse.  No stupid jokes please. 

If you're trying to prove/disprove the existence of God, all the science and logic in the World isn't going to get you very far IMO.  Should we go outside of the World?  Still seems to end in a question mark?????   When we combine Einstein and quantum the Universe seems to follow the rules of science, kind of makes sense.  Still no proof/disproof. 

What if we try another approach?  Lets assume that God does not exist.  Then we have no one or thing or higher power to blame for our predicament, and we are truly pathetic IMO.  Mankind is the chump of the Universe.  We suck.  We can't get nothing right unless we triple the negative and get even more ridiculous. 
It's only natural to blame God when or if we suffer a terrible loss.  How could You let this happen, we think.  I don't believe in You anymore.  I never really did anyway and I don't care.  Leave me alone I hate You, we think in our heads, but who are you thinking about, yourself?

Do you hear yourselves?  Sounds like a child.  That seems about right to me. 
It's easy to prove that God exists as a concept.  Now lets assume God does exist in fact and reality, as The Supreme Ruler of this and every possible Universe, He who defines the singularity, He who planted the seed of life on this planet and He who happens to be our Loving Father in heaven.  Seems to me this is a more productive line of thought and opens up all kind of possibilities. 

I don't know about you guys, I usually pray in silence, not out loud.  Maybe you don't pray, but I question that.  Doesn't matter God is telepathic.  He knows what you are thinking, knows if you've been good or bad, so for goodness sake knock off the noise pollution.  Have a little respect and that doesn't mean see how slow you can drive.
neo

GentleBender

« Reply #1395 on: 15 Mar 2016, 01:56 pm »
Just wondering, you used the royal "we".  You can explain if you wish. 

Sometimes it hard to know someone's agenda.  Everyone's trying to prove something, which might be good if you're Stephen Hawking, but most people aren't that cute and lovable and I mean that in the sense of his practical nurse.  No stupid jokes please. 

I used "we" because any smoker that has successfully quit knows how hard it is. Believing in God is something I regularly take for granted. To not have someone so big and powerful who serves us, the selfish human, fixing and forgiving our mistakes would make me lose all hope. Only God can save man from himself. :| Unless you are praying in a group, silent prayers are best. Remember that it is not about religion, it is your personal relationship with God.

woodsyi

• Facilitator
  • Always Look on the Bright Side of Life!
« Reply #1396 on: 15 Mar 2016, 02:58 pm »
Gents,

I will leave the ruminations on higher beings alone for now.  But as soon as proselytizing and condemnations raise their ugly heads, I am sending this to Q to be cleaned up. 

Just to let you know, we are standing on thin ice at the moment.  Step lightly. 

P.S.  Warning also applies to politics and macro-economic policies.  We don't want to go that far beyond MM carts.

neobop

• BIRD LIVES
« Reply #1397 on: 15 Mar 2016, 03:47 pm »
I used "we" because any smoker that has successfully quit knows how hard it is. Believing in God is something I regularly take for granted. To not have someone so big and powerful who serves us, the selfish human, fixing and forgiving our mistakes would make me lose all hope. Only God can save man from himself. :| Unless you are praying in a group, silent prayers are best. Remember that it is not about religion, it is your personal relationship with God.

I see people walking their dogs with plastic bags and my cat requires 2 litter box because I don't have the time to train her to use the toilet.  She's picky too, no regular cat food, no sir, she has to have fancy stuff in tiny portion containers, but she knows best cause animals can smell when something's not right.  I'm almost certain my diagnosis of round worm was correct and it was a lot of fun reaching that conclusion because BC can now retain her nourishment. 

Did I mention BC's full name?  It's Baby Cat, named by my Ex wife because she was so small when we adopted her.  I often wonder if mankind has dominion over animals or if it's the other way around.  Do I own BC or does she own me?  I serve her.  Seems so clear cut, but the animal police know best?  Give me a break.  That's the petal between the clutch and  petrol control.  I like my steering on the left and the Brits have it backwards.  It's not my fault Range Rovers and Jags are highly overrated.  The snoot factor is a little high around here. 

You don't know who you're talking to.  I'm the guy who did 165 on the Jersey pike at 3AM or thereabouts.  Yea yea yea  _  _ yeaah.   A little magic with a small block V8 in a chevy trans am special.  Oh yeah. . . .      You don't know what I got.
neo

PS - forgot to mention there's a magnetic part and other parts the same as a phono cartridge.  Start with the coil(s).  Can someone tell me?

Jeff K

« Reply #1398 on: 16 Mar 2016, 03:37 am »
I see people walking their dogs with plastic bags and my cat requires 2 litter box because I don't have the time to train her to use the toilet.  She's picky too, no regular cat food, no sir, she has to have fancy stuff in tiny portion containers, but she knows best cause animals can smell when something's not right.  I'm almost certain my diagnosis of round worm was correct and it was a lot of fun reaching that conclusion because BC can now retain her nourishment. 

Did I mention BC's full name?  It's Baby Cat, named by my Ex wife because she was so small when we adopted her.  I often wonder if mankind has dominion over animals or if it's the other way around.  Do I own BC or does she own me?  I serve her.  Seems so clear cut, but the animal police know best?  Give me a break.  That's the petal between the clutch and  petrol control.  I like my steering on the left and the Brits have it backwards.  It's not my fault Range Rovers and Jags are highly overrated.  The snoot factor is a little high around here. 

You don't know who you're talking to.  I'm the guy who did 165 on the Jersey pike at 3AM or thereabouts.  Yea yea yea  _  _ yeaah.   A little magic with a small block V8 in a chevy trans am special.  Oh yeah. . . .      You don't know what I got.
neo

PS - forgot to mention there's a magnetic part and other parts the same as a phono cartridge.  Start with the coil(s).  Can someone tell me?

Cat poop > cat food > ring worm > alpha pets > Brit vehicles > muscle car > Little Deuce Coup lyrics > AT mm.

Hope you're okay.  :?

G Georgopoulos

• Restricted
« Reply #1399 on: 16 Mar 2016, 05:10 am »
MM AT95 E

:lol: