looking to build the LGK 1.0, need help!

EZHusky

• Just a Highschooler trying to get by.
looking to build the LGK 1.0, need help!
« on: 8 May 2018, 03:01 am »
So during LSAF I got to listen to The lgk 1.0 speakers and i loved them, but there was  a problem... it was a kit. Now it would be fine, if i knew what i was doing. But im new to audio so i don't really know how to set it up. In the Kit theres a filter(?) which include two capacitors(?) per speakers and a copper coil, How do you set that up? is there anyone that can send me a wiring diagram or pics of the inside and how you made your set? Any and all input would be great, as well as telling me what it does and what its for because im wanting to get better and this and learn new things

Danny Richie

Re: looking to build the LGK 1.0, need help!
« Reply #1 on: 8 May 2018, 02:26 pm »
So during LSAF I got to listen to The lgk 1.0 speakers and i loved them, but there was  a problem... it was a kit. Now it would be fine, if i knew what i was doing. But im new to audio so i don't really know how to set it up. In the Kit theres a filter(?) which include two capacitors(?) per speakers and a copper coil, How do you set that up? is there anyone that can send me a wiring diagram or pics of the inside and how you made your set? Any and all input would be great, as well as telling me what it does and what its for because im wanting to get better and this and learn new things

It's a lot easier than you think. Give me a call and I'll walk you through it and give you some options.

mlundy57

• Industry Participant
« Reply #2 on: 8 May 2018, 10:41 pm »
EZHusky,

This is Mike, the guy at the show with the LGK 1.0s you listened to. You've come to the right place for help and to pick people's brains.

Here is a link to the first LGK 1.0 thread. Read through it and see if it helps answer some questions for you. https://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=124657.0

The flatpacks discussed in the thread are no longer available but the kit comes with plans for you to make your own cabinets.

This is a very helpful bunch of folks here who like to help others so fire away.

Mike

Danny Richie

« Reply #3 on: 9 May 2018, 12:11 am »
And finished cabinets are available for only $29 each. http://gr-research.com/lgk10kit.aspx

EZHusky

• Just a Highschooler trying to get by.
« Reply #4 on: 9 May 2018, 02:14 am »
EZHusky,

This is Mike, the guy at the show with the LGK 1.0s you listened to. You've come to the right place for help and to pick people's brains.

Here is a link to the first LGK 1.0 thread. Read through it and see if it helps answer some questions for you. https://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=124657.0

The flatpacks discussed in the thread are no longer available but the kit comes with plans for you to make your own cabinets.

This is a very helpful bunch of folks here who like to help others so fire away.

Mike
I knew i've seen those speakers from somewhere! Thanks