3a's f/s on a-gon

doug s.

• makin' music
3a's f/s on a-gon
« on: 4 Oct 2003, 07:51 pm »
http://cgi.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cl.pl?spkrmoni&1070473354&2&3&4&

i'd be interested, but i awreddy have 3 different monitors, & someting needs to go away before i can sample someting else...   :wink:

doug s.

cyounkman

3a's f/s on a-gon
« Reply #1 on: 6 Oct 2003, 08:57 pm »
Thanks for the h/u, doug...

Sadly, I think everyone here already has De Capos, and those who would buy them aren't here... interesting chicken/egg scenario.

This reminds me; I should add the r3a circle to the 'Who Makes What' thread in the new Starting Block circle. Might as well lure newbies in here from the get-go so they don't have to waste a bunch of money on other speakers before they find out...

doug s.

• makin' music
3a's f/s on a-gon
« Reply #2 on: 7 Oct 2003, 01:50 am »
Quote from: cyounkman
Thanks for the h/u, doug...

Sadly, I think everyone here already has De Capos, and those who would buy them aren't here... interesting chicken/egg scenario.

This reminds me; I should add the r3a circle to the 'Who Makes What' thread in the new Starting Block circle. Might as well lure newbies in here from the get-go so they don't have to waste a bunch of money on other speakers before they find out...

well, there *are* those of us who mite wanna try 'em some time...   :wink:   and, for y'all why may wanna upgrade:
http://cgi.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cl.pl?spkrmoni&1070608522&class&3&4&

doug s.

bally

• http://www.kirrabilli.co.nz
3a's f/s on a-gon
« Reply #3 on: 7 Oct 2003, 03:39 am »
Ive been looking at the Decapos for a while now.too bad he is only shipping in USA.Anyway freight charges would be a killer to NZ.
Would like an opinion on how you think the Decapo would go matched up to Meridian 507 run directly into a SophiaBabyamp.
Have also been looking at the Dulcett when it comes out but would have to up the amp power a wee bit.Any thoughts would be great.
Cheers
Peter Ball

cyounkman

hello, my pretties...
« Reply #4 on: 7 Oct 2003, 04:07 am »
Now those I could cope with...

bally - hey there. Not sure when the Dulcets are going to be available... But hey, if you're getting anything shipped all the way over (under?) there, might as well get the de capos.  :wink:

I read a bit about the Sophia Baby, and it looks interesting. I recently spent a few weeks driving my De Capos with the Song Audio EL34, an SET 4-watt  wonder that seems similar in its emphasis on usable drive power and low noise (for tubes, anyway). That was enough for most of my 'normal' listening, although I ran into the power ceiling with audiophile/stravinsky/big piano listening sessions.

Anyway, if your listening habits are suitable, the Sophia seems like it could work, on paper. I wouldn't recommend it with the Dulcets, though, except for a low-volume-only office/bedroom system.