Evolution DAC

RafaPolit

• www.rafaelpolit.com
Re: Evolution DAC
« Reply #260 on: 20 Apr 2019, 08:54 pm »
I have written to Jason apologizing for some of the things I wrote.  I have a profound passion for NuPrime products because I love them so much, and I would love to see them be the benchmark against which everyone else measures product value and capabilities.  I not always agree on the path taken to get them there.

In that euphoria, I think I missed the fact that there are huge companies with a very large money muscle,while there are others that are more a home workshop and that it is unfair to expect both to have the same outreach and communications power.

So, I apologize for my oversight and the harshness in whichI spoke.  I myself know what it is to be the little guy facing competition from huge corporations. Please accept my apologies.

Best regards,
Rafa.

rustydoglim

« Reply #261 on: 20 Apr 2019, 10:35 pm »
We are very lucky to have passionate customers like Rafa  :thumb:

sresener

« Reply #262 on: 23 Jun 2019, 04:18 am »
This topic may of came up but I could not find it.

Roon gives me the option to control the evo dac with asio or wasapi.

Is there any real difference anymore between the two and if there is, does nuprime recommend one over the other?

RafaPolit

• www.rafaelpolit.com
« Reply #263 on: 24 Jun 2019, 05:15 am »
Try one then the other.  If ROON is capable of full control over the protocol, it will give you a 'pink' star, saying everything is "prstine".  With ASIO, it's a 100% sure you have exclusive control over the device. With Wasapi, there is a chance you are going through some OS "enhancements".  That will show as a blue star on the "now playing" area.

Stil, it is possible that Roon is managing exclusive control over wasapi.  If that is the case, I'd chose whichever is more stable (asio would be more prone to clicks and stuff, and will require a dedicated driver for windows)

sresener

« Reply #264 on: 27 Jun 2019, 03:32 am »
Both ASIO and WASAPI showed the same pinkish purple star and listening to both I preferred the WASAPI.  Both were very close but WASAPI was slightly more pleasant in the higher frequencies.

sthlm78

« Reply #265 on: 10 Nov 2019, 05:33 pm »
I am thinking to get this DAC and I am wondering if anyone connected it to a tube power amp?

Samoyed

« Reply #266 on: 20 Dec 2019, 01:29 am »
Anyone heard if the firmware can be updated, and how it is done?

rustydoglim

« Reply #267 on: 21 Dec 2019, 09:54 pm »
There is no firmware to update in Evo DAC. Well there are micro controller codes that control the front panel and remote keys, not nothing specific to performance related update.

eosdigic

« Reply #268 on: 25 Dec 2019, 05:11 am »
OP is AD797. A long waited answer.  :icon_lol:

swifri

« Reply #269 on: 24 Jan 2020, 05:32 pm »
Hi together,

in addition to evoOne print review via alexreusch.

Here is the evoDac review: Evolution-DAC 2019-09.
Same author. Same well respected german magazine.
Same result: 135 point - exceptional in all regards.

Final conclusion:
"Soundwise we are in heaven - in the highest highs of a true reference class".

As german native speaker - the review couldn't be better.

Overview (mostly german): Nuprime reviews

« Last Edit: 26 Jan 2020, 06:19 am by swifri »