Repair shop for Jolida JD-100 tube cdp

djbnh

Repair shop for Jolida JD-100 tube cdp
« on: 23 Mar 2021, 07:28 pm »
My old horse of a cdp needs work, it's constantly showing the "No Disc" error whenever anything is inserted. I've cleaned the laser, but no change. Wondering if anyone in this circle knows of a NE reputable repair shop that works on Jolida gear, in particular my cdp. Thanks in advance for all informed replies.

newzooreview

Re: Repair shop for Jolida JD-100 tube cdp
« Reply #1 on: 23 Mar 2021, 09:33 pm »
Jolida is on the East Coast, in Maryland.

You could ask them if they know of someone you could drive to nearby, but shipping to Maryland from New England is a modest endeavor as well. Good luck with it.

21310 Ridgecroft Drive
Brookeville, MD 20833
(301) 953-2014

djbnh

« Reply #2 on: 23 Mar 2021, 11:10 pm »
Thanks for the thought, already contacted them and due to the unit's age it seems they can't get the laser / transport.

Doublej

« Reply #3 on: 24 Mar 2021, 01:00 am »
It does not sound promising if you need a new transport. If you know the transport manufacturer and part number you could contact Audio Pros in Watertown, MA and see if they have a used one. The place is an audio electronics junkyard.

Try these folks too. http://www.petery-hedden.com/jolida-audio-gear/jolida-audio-gear/

Good luck.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #4 on: 24 Mar 2021, 01:08 am »
Some times a tracking and laser focus adjustment solve the prob.
What is the transport brand/model ?

djbnh

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #6 on: 24 Mar 2021, 02:39 am »
You could buy a new transport unit at Ebay or Amazon or even only the Laser pick-up.