Finally acquired a dust cover

sHERO

Finally acquired a dust cover
« on: 12 Nov 2020, 02:55 pm »
For many years I wanted to acquire the dust cover for my The Well Tempered turntable.

Finally, I pulled the trigger and obtained one from ebay.

EkW

Re: Finally acquired a dust cover
« Reply #1 on: 12 Nov 2020, 06:43 pm »
Congratulations.
I got one years ago when Well Tempered sold them. Wish I had bought the hinges. I need to set up a dedicated space to place the cover when spinning records. I taped a bar to the deck to allow me to properly replace the cover. It used to be necessary to cover when playing. The old cat once jumped on a spinning record.

sHERO

Re: Finally acquired a dust cover
« Reply #2 on: 12 Nov 2020, 07:48 pm »
Congratulations.
I got one years ago when Well Tempered sold them. Wish I had bought the hinges. I need to set up a dedicated space to place the cover when spinning records. I taped a bar to the deck to allow me to properly replace the cover. It used to be necessary to cover when playing. The old cat once jumped on a spinning record.

I too have a cat......   Had though about getting it years ago, but never did.  There is always something to buy or fix.

My turntable is typically located on a dedicated room with no access to him, but right now I am working on on several update project related to the table and thus is spending sometime in the dining room table.

I am implementing a speed controller similar to what Phoenix Engineering used to sell, and due to the large motor (10watts) its been more involved than what was originally  intended to be.

In addition, there was an intermittence problem in the wires going from the cartridge clips to the phono stage, so I re terminated them at the RCA end.

Finally, I took the opportunity to put away my Sumiko SHo HO MC cartridge and re installed my Dynavector XX-2.  Both are great sounding carts, but the Sumiko is more susceptible to hum due to RF pickup on the wiring.