Lorelei tweeter height

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
Lorelei tweeter height
« on: 2 Oct 2003, 04:41 am »
As I`ll be receiving my Lorelei`s soon, I thought I`d try to get some feedback as to what tweeter height is appropriate for the Lorelei`s. At ear level has always been the standard all tho Pierre Sprey of Mapleshade Records has stated there`s a more natural treble balanced with the tweeters located well above ear level. I don`t know if I can really agree with that because I have no intention on sitting on the floor. But I can see having them slightly above ear level. Marbles has stated that the tweeter height on the Lorelei is 37". My ceiling height is 87" and my seating height is 43", almost 1/2. My thoughts are to place all 4 Lorelei`s on marble stands that would raise the tweeter height to 45". Any opinions? Regards, Robin

klaus@odyssey

Lorelei tweeter height
« Reply #1 on: 2 Oct 2003, 05:46 am »
Robin,

The lot will go out Friday.  Once you've received the Loreleis and set them up on the cones,  we'll talk in  detail / have some q's for you as far as seating distance,  room furnishings, etc. are concerned. Also,  have to do some measuring on the room / speaker distance / toe in degrees,  etc.
Call me Friday eve first,

Klaus

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
Lorelei tweeter height
« Reply #2 on: 2 Oct 2003, 06:19 am »
Quote from: klaus@odyssey
Robin,

The lot will go out Friday.  Once you've received the Loreleis and set them up on the cones,  we'll talk in  detail / have some q's for you as far as seating distance,  room furnishings, etc. are concerned. Also,  have to do some measuring on the room / speaker distance / toe in degrees,  etc.
Call me Friday eve first,

Klaus
                      I`ll give you the particuliars now Klaus. My room is 11' x 17' x 87"high with speakers on the short wall. I have an somewhat open back wall (2 1/2' wall on each side), 5' insulated curtains on 3 windows, one behind the right front main and 2 on the left long wall with 2 hanging silk plants, one in each ceiling corner behind the mains. I have a 9' x 12' carpet on my hardwood floor and only 2 recliners inthe livingroom, mine in the center rear and a second against the right wall with my Australian Shepard`s dogbed between them. My mains are 3'4" from the front wall & 1'4" from the side walls and my center is 2'2" from the front wall located under my 36" Sony Wega. My seating is 11' from the mains & center. My rears are in each corner of my back wall, only 4' on each side of me and slightly behind me. Oh yah, my Velodyne sub is located between my Wega & right main, pointing right at me. That about sums it up Klaus. About a friday eve call, I work 2-11pm est with sat, sun, mon. off. If you`d like a call from me around 11:00pm est this friday nite, it`s done! :D  Any questions will be happily answered. And thanks for the notification as I did noticed my CC being charged so I knew my wait was soon coming to an end. I`m real anxious to know what the potential of my system is and I have no doubts that your Lorelei`s will tell me!!! :o Regards, Robin