Odyssey users, any advise on the following combination?

cookie

I'm using Ayre CX7 CD plyer and Ayre AX7 integrated amp, PMC AB2 speaker.  I'm considering replacing AX7 integrated amp which is not powerful enough to drive AB2 in my opinion.   I'd like to keep CX7.  Since Ayre CX7 is true balance design.   I'd like to run balanced system from end to end.

I'd like to see whether there is a true balance pre-amp to go with Odyssey Mono.   I hope Odyssey has a true balance pre-amp but not.   Any recommendation for pre-amp?  

Is Odyssey Mono a true balance design?  I like the details and musical sound of Ayre V5x and K5x is probably too expensive for me.   Would Odyssey Dual Mono sounds as good as Ayre V5x?

Are Odyssey Mono and Odyssey Dual Mono the same in terms of sonic components?  Are they just simply different in the packaging?

cookie

Re: Odyssey users, any advise on the following combination?
« Reply #1 on: 1 Oct 2003, 05:26 am »
Just found Bent Audio in AudioCircle and wonder if anybody using it in combination with Odyssey power amp.  Would this combination sounds good?  (especially with balanced connection).

Marbles

Odyssey users, any advise on the following combination?
« Reply #2 on: 1 Oct 2003, 01:23 pm »
I use a Bent (silver trannies) with Symphonic Line Kraft 400's.

The Odyssey amps are built on the Symphonic Line designs and they all have a "family" sonic signature.

I really like the combination and have no plans on changing either of those components anytime soon.