Finally, Khartago is ready !!!

klaus@odyssey

« on: 25 Sep 2003, 08:25 am »
OK Guys,

Finally,  the first  Khartagos will be shipped early next week.  The extra months of tweaking and subtle redo's of the chassis really helped.
The changes that we've made include some tweaks on the boards as per Germany (really nice)  and WBT  posts.  YES<  WBT  snadblasted platinum posts,  for a $ 750.  amp that used to be $ 3,400 here in the US and now sells for $ 3300  in Europe. !!!!!!

Sonically,  I make a bold statement here:  The amp is markedly  better than a stock Stratos from a year ago !!!! (not in terms of power and control,  but for the other "audiophile definitions"  )

Also,  all the color options will be available as well.

All the first orders of the amp have to go to overdue orders from the SF  show 4 months ago !!!!!!! (wheeeew)  Also,  we'll have quite a few units out for reviews in no time,  as I'm going nuts on the price / performance on this one.

The first AC'er to receive his unit in about 10-14 days ???  Eduardo .  Go and bug him then,   hehehe.

Late,

Klaus

klaus@odyssey

« Reply #1 on: 25 Sep 2003, 08:28 am »
Forgot,  

I'll try to be at Photo Doc's early - mid October to do the final shoots,  and will have pics posted on our site.  Looking to get a new camera,  so maybe posting some here as well.

Joe,  is the time around the 10-14 th ok >???

Jay S

« Reply #2 on: 25 Sep 2003, 10:05 am »
Congrats Klaus!

You are offering excellent value in this amp.  The $995 bundle price for a Khartago + Etesian preamp is an even amazing value.  If that's the case, I don't know how to describe the $1,500 package that also includes a pair of speakers and Groeneberg cables!  

I hope that people will get this complete package soon - it will be great to read the reviews.

:beer:

By the way, enjoy the F1 this weekend.  It will show at 2am on Sunday night/Monday morning here in HK.  I wonder if I will want to stay up until 4am on a worknight...

Central Scrutinizer

« Reply #3 on: 25 Sep 2003, 11:59 am »
:o

I'm saving my pennies now!

drphoto

« Reply #4 on: 25 Sep 2003, 01:39 pm »
Well things are pretty busy around the studio right now (thank god) but we'll work ya in.

nrenter

« Reply #5 on: 25 Sep 2003, 02:51 pm »
Any "lessons learned" that you'll be applying to the Stratos?

Eduardo AAVM

« Reply #6 on: 25 Sep 2003, 04:05 pm »
Thanks Klaus, it is relly exciting this new amp you have developed and tuned, platinum WBT posts, amazing... I have been very excited about it since I know the name and thenthe price...

THANKS IN THE NAME OF THE MEXICAN AUDIOPHILES WHO HAVE BEEN ASKING AND ASKING ABOUT THE AMPLIFIER AND WHO ALREADY ARE IN LOVE WITH ODYSSEY

Klaus, Dr. Photo, guys maybe I can take some pics as I got a small Jenoptik-Jena digital camera.

bob82274

« Reply #7 on: 25 Sep 2003, 05:16 pm »
That bundle price is really making me drool (I need to get a job so I can buy this stuff).  Would be nice to have an all Odyssey system... I have the speakers now I just need the front end.  

Oh I noticed that the website hasn't been updated in a while... will that occur after you stop by drphotos?

Central Scrutinizer

« Reply #8 on: 26 Sep 2003, 02:28 pm »
Excuse my ignorance but what's a WBT post?

Eduardo AAVM

« Reply #9 on: 26 Sep 2003, 03:10 pm »
I think Klaus referes to this posts:

http://www.wbt-usa.com/wbt0780-300.gif" bgcolor="white">

kasteelfreaik

Re: Finally, Khartago is ready !!!
« Reply #10 on: 26 Sep 2003, 04:22 pm »
[quote="klaus@odyssey"

Sonically,  I make a bold statement here:  The amp is markedly better than a stock Stratos from a y ...[/quote]

What has changed on the stock Stratos over the past year to make it worth the step up from the Khartago?  Is the Khartago still better than the Stratos that is made today?

klaus@odyssey

« Reply #11 on: 26 Sep 2003, 05:58 pm »
Eduardo,

Yep,  these are the babies,  the top ones.  They're one step down from the gold ones,  which we use in the Stratos,  and they're beautiful.  They also retail for something like $ 15.  or so a piece. !!!  In addition to the WBT,  we also use the same big,  superb input connectors and switches from the Stratos.  

What did we learn  from the Khartago /??  Mothing , really,  because the Khartago board is identical to that of the Stratos.  That's also why the K. is superior in definition, sound staging, etc.  to a 1 year old Stratos,  because the Stratos 1 year old +  doesn't have the all Groneberg input and output wiring or the Plitron transformers and our Odyssey caps.  The Khartago does have Groneberg and the caps.  Is the older Stratos still better ?  Yes,  of course it is because of the power supply and when the cap upgrade is added,  then it's not close.  

I have always pointed out that the Stratos is ain fact the $ 3k+ Symphonic Line RG 11.  Well,  in reality it's  a much improved RG 11 with better cables, ps,  and case.  The Khartago is much closer to teh RG 11.  So,  we succeeded in bringing the cost down from $ 3,400.  to $ 750,  and probably improved a bit as well.

As for the design,  the amp stays slim,  4" tall,  and 18 " wide  with 16 " depth.  Very sleek,  and has the same brushed / anodized / laser engraved  face plate.  I really like the top cover.  Because of the internal heatsinks,  both , bottom and top have to have holes for air flow.  With the top,  I decided on several rows / 3 per side / of round holes going front to back.  Love it,  and it allows a peek into teh internals.  Our new boards are fire truck red now,  and I'll have the internal heat sinks anodized in a dark blue for contrast.  Has nothing to do with sonics,  but it will look very interesting,  hehehe.

Late,

Klaus

Eduardo AAVM

« Reply #12 on: 26 Sep 2003, 07:08 pm »
Quite interesting... red boards, Groneberg cable of course improves the sound...

I promise to take some shots as soon as I get mine.