250w active subwoofer

Darren

250w active subwoofer
« on: 17 Jan 2003, 09:46 pm »
I built a sealed enclosure active subwoofer constructed from a MOS250 Power Amplifier, an active crossover unit, a capacitor input power supply, a cascode power supply. All wna components from Dad in exchange for doing the website! Anyway, considering the power and quality of the amp I dont think the sound is too hot. Thing is, I used a fairly standard £30 paper cone driver. I'm thinking that's where I went wrong. Originally I wanted a sealed enclosure for the transient response, good low frequency power handling, smaller box size and lower sensitivity to misaligned parameters. But what I really want is just GRUNT for those movies and dance music and so I'm planning on building another with the amp in a seperate case and a ported enclosure, most loudspeaker companies give u recommended port sizes and volumes, so it's not much trouble.

I have learned my lesson buying cheap drivers and am looking to buy another 12" driver. I was thinking of the Volt RV3143 radial driver. Has anyone used/ heared one, or got any recommendations for a good bass driver under £300

Marbles

250w active subwoofer
« Reply #1 on: 17 Jan 2003, 09:54 pm »
Check The Adire forum here..., or go to thier website

Rocket

250w active subwoofer
« Reply #2 on: 18 Jan 2003, 01:12 am »
hello,

i've heard focal 12 inch bass drivers and they are in your price range.  i thought they were pretty good.

regards

rod