VPI New HW-40

twitch54

Re: VPI New HW-40
« Reply #20 on: 23 Oct 2018, 09:15 pm »
Not sure what you are asking me to take a bet on?

Personally for me i don't care about specs, i use my ears those are the only tools that matters to me.

if to you specs are meaningless then so be it but you're the one that implied the Technics wouldn't hold a candle to the VPI, that's where the 'bet' comment came from.

mix4fix

• Volunteer
  • I reject your music, and substitute my own.
« Reply #21 on: 23 Oct 2018, 09:46 pm »
I like the look of it. Some of these high end turntables look crazy. I would rather have this. $15K is crazy.

toocool4

« Reply #22 on: 23 Oct 2018, 09:57 pm »
if to you specs are meaningless then so be it but you're the one that implied the Technics wouldn't hold a candle to the VPI, that's where the 'bet' comment came from.

Please show me where I said the Technics would not hold a candle to the VPI? What i said in fact was “Until you hear this turntable, you can't say how good it sounds or have your heard it and compared it to the Technics?”

You are the one implying “IMO, 15k is a bit much, since the modern technics 1200 msrp's @ 4k, granted the VPI arm is probably better but I doubt if the tt itself is ......”    about a deck that has not been released and you have not heard yet

Plus I never said specs are meaningless, people pay too much attention to specs. I said I did not care about specs as long as it sounds good to my ears. I am not going to buy something that has good specs but sound like crap, maybe other people would but not me.

twitch54

« Reply #23 on: 24 Oct 2018, 01:35 am »
Please show me where I said the Technics would not hold a candle to the VPI? What i said in fact was “Until you hear this turntable, you can't say how good it sounds or have your heard it and compared it to the Technics?”

my bad, sorry, got your post mixed up with another. I agree having not heard the VPI yet there is nothing conclusive, just my 'hunch'

You are the one implying “IMO, 15k is a bit much, since the modern technics 1200 msrp's @ 4k, granted the VPI arm is probably better but I doubt if the tt itself is ......”    about a deck that has not been released and you have not heard yet

yes, although I doubt I'll have the opportunity for DBT of the two, perhaps you will

Plus I never said specs are meaningless, people pay too much attention to specs. I said I did not care about specs as long as it sounds good to my ears.

didn't care / meaningless......whatever

I am not going to buy something that has good specs but sound like crap, maybe other people would but not me.

of course, we all know specs alone are not the end all, but please don't tell me in the world of 'DD' turntables specs aren't a factor

Hopefully VPI will have a winner with this table, I hear that half of the 400 slated for production have already been spoken for, good for them !

Halcro

« Reply #24 on: 14 Nov 2018, 06:33 am »
Way outside my price range.     :(
I splurged last week on a new/old table.  A Victor TT-81 set me back $410 to my door.  I wonder how much better the $15000 VPI will sound??? :popcorn:
Not much better I suspect.....
Harry started his DD saga based on the love for his Victor TT-101 and Kenwood L-07.
I have both the Victor TT-81 and TT-101and I predict you will be very happy....😄