OPPO Customer Service

audioferret

OPPO Customer Service
« on: 24 Nov 2012, 10:04 pm »
I can find no better forum for this, so I will post this here unless directed otherwise.

I recently had the disk drawer fail on my OPPO BDP-83 I purchased in 2009(ish).  My player was clearly well out of warrantee, but I decided to give OPPO a call to determine how much it would cost to repair.  "Just send it in."  No cost.  I was floored.  I followed the instructions the service department e-mailed me and packed it in the original box.  I received a detailed e-mail from them the same day they received it and another e-mail when it was repaired - THE SAME DAY -  A few days later, it was back at my house.  I only paid shipping one-way.  What is more, they provided a brand new box; the box I sent it in was in excellent condition but they replaced it just the same.  It also came with a new OPPO tote bag protecting the player in transit.  Again, I was floored.

The player is back in my rack just a little over a week after shipping to OPPO, with new firmware and a new disk drive.  THAT is totally impressive and goes well beyond what can reasonably be expected for customer service.  This is a company that has earned my loyalty.  Sadly, now I really want to buy their audiophile players...dammit!

Freo-1

Re: OPPO Customer Service
« Reply #1 on: 24 Nov 2012, 10:08 pm »
Glad to hear it!

Yes, you should buy their new player.   :green:

Phil A

« Reply #2 on: 24 Nov 2012, 10:22 pm »
Oppo customer service is wonderful.  I have multiple systems and right now I have an old DV980H (mainly since you have put in a 4 digit code and make it region free), a solid state modded BDP-83, a BDP-93 and there's a good chance I may end up with a BDP-105 in a few months.

Johlke

« Reply #3 on: 7 Dec 2012, 02:07 am »
Kudos to Oppo!  I've had several of their players and have really enjoyed them.  Right now I'm waiting for my new 105 to be delivered.............

adydula

• Restricted
« Reply #4 on: 19 Jan 2013, 06:15 pm »
I had the exact same issue, 3 yrs out of warranty.

They said send it in, the replaces the loader tray, cleaned it, new bag, new box....FREE.

I had to pay for shipping to get it there, they paid for it to come back...

Outstanding service....

Oppo is number one in my book...

Superlative service and products....

Alex

Freo-1

« Reply #5 on: 19 Jan 2013, 07:31 pm »
 I just had an excellent experience with Oppo customer service.  I received my BDP-105 as a late Christmas gift.  Although I was thrilled with the unit overall, there was one unusual problem with the unit.  The multi layered SACD’s would only read the CD layer.  There was a firmware update that was installed as soon as I connected the unit to the network, which was supposed to correct the bug.  The unit would play some SACD titles, but the vast majority of them continued to see only the CD layer.

Oppo was great about resolving the problem.  They sent out a replacement unit straight away (along with a pre-paid return label), and made sure the unit did not exhibit this issue before shipping it out. 

The BDP-105 is an incredible unit.  I call it “The Swiss Army Knife of Home Theater” It does just about everything you need for HT and music.  I have it connected wireless to a NAS box, so it plays .flac files (and it sounds pretty darn good).  The Netflix streaming has been improved, as its streams 1080 and surround!  It also has a built in DTS decoder for two channel sources, so it can output multi channel audio if so inclined.  It also acts a DAC for the SAT TV input, and has a headphone out to boot.  The audio is SO good from the 105, I question if a aftermarket mod would be worth it (from a multi channel solid state perspective).

Oppo has a long term customer here.  I also have the BDP-95 with the Modwright tube modification for the two channel setup.  It also supports the wireless NAS music setup and Netflix.  Great gear!   :thumb:

Bob2

• De gustibus non est disputandum
« Reply #6 on: 1 Feb 2013, 09:09 pm »
« Last Edit: 28 Sep 2016, 03:29 pm by Bob2 »

bondmanp

« Reply #7 on: 29 Mar 2013, 06:19 pm »
Yup... I had a similarly excellent experience with Oppo service.  They will be my go-to player source going forward!

SteveFord

• Volunteer
  • The poodle bites, the poodle chews it.
« Reply #8 on: 29 Mar 2013, 07:32 pm »
Oppo's customer service is the best in the business. 
My next player will be another Oppo.

HT cOz

« Reply #9 on: 29 Mar 2013, 08:09 pm »
I'm waiting for Oppo to build a Pre pro. They have done such a great job with their players they need to expand. The extra connectivity in the new Bluray player is a start now go all the way!!!

Maritan

« Reply #10 on: 30 Mar 2013, 12:29 am »
One more extremely satisfied Oppo customer here. They promptly answered questions even before I bought a player.

And then I bought the 105. I had some guests at home one Saturday night and the guy asked me a question about the 105 I couldn't answer. So, I fired off an email right then at around 9 pm or so on Saturday. Sunday afternoon, I had a detailed answer waiting for me in my inbox! Are you kidding me? You can't beat that.

Bemopti123

« Reply #11 on: 30 Mar 2013, 12:37 am »
My Oppo 980 DVD player transport went South after a faithful run of 5 years playing all sort of DVDs and I got it repaired for $47 flat, within a 3 day turn around time between NYC and CA where Oppo is located.  I truly respect them for making products that can be repaired without paying an arm and a leg and being timely about it.  Mind you the DVD player cost just $250 new back then.  Many companies can learn a lot from Oppo as a company.