The all new CA1 and NP1

danielgk, nigelnaim, bnut311 and 3 Guests are viewing this topic. Read 6768 times.

DecibleDude

Re: The all new CA1 and NP1
« Reply #60 on: Today at 03:35 pm »
Yeah, it does look like a good deal, especially considering you would need to add a separate phono preamp to the set 120 control amp for vinyl.  In my own case I prefer a separate phono preamp, but for most people I suspect having it built in is better. Then again, there's also the remote, which is convenient if you don't want to combine your music listening with exercise.

BobRex

« Reply #61 on: Today at 08:57 pm »
That's more or less what's suppose to happen with new products, no?

Not necessarily.  To bring out a newer low power unit that is superior to your flagship offerings is not typical SOP.  Unless of course there is a new flagship in the offing.

DecibleDude

« Reply #62 on: Today at 11:13 pm »
  I can't speak for VA, but I know with cameras ( because I'm a lifelong photographer) lower end models frequently surpass the higher end ones when introduced. In any event I wouldn't lose any sleep over it, because even their least expensive Set 120 control amp sounds better than anything I've ever owned before, and I've owned a lot in the last 70 some years at much higher prices.