Any SP tech owners in the Austin area?

pbrstreetgang

Any SP tech owners in the Austin area?
« on: 15 Dec 2007, 11:11 pm »
Hey guys Id really like to hear the SP tech sound. Im in Austin Texas but will travel to Dallas next week, Houston the week after and can be in San Antonio pretty much any time. I would really appreciate it! Thanks

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
Re: Any SP tech owners in the Austin area?
« Reply #1 on: 14 Jan 2008, 05:12 am »
It would be nice to have a "sticky" with SP Tech owners who would like to share their systems with potential owners. 8)

This way others could finally hear how well these speakers perform... aa

pbrstreetgang

« Reply #2 on: 14 Jan 2008, 05:17 am »
Right, I would still love to hear them, but the recent price doubling has kinda put them out of my range.

Double Ugly

« Reply #3 on: 14 Jan 2008, 05:21 am »
Right, I would still love to hear them, but the recent price doubling has kinda put them out of my range.

$2995 is too much?

What's your price range?

pbrstreetgang

« Reply #4 on: 14 Jan 2008, 05:24 am »
I thought they doubled? No 3K isnt too much I just paid 3.3K for some custom speakers from a Manufacturer here that I was able to hear and liked very much obviously. I tried to find some SP tech speakers to audition but came up short. The past two speakers I have bought unheard and on suggestion or review didnt last too long so I went on a year long audition around Texas to hear most of the commercial usual suspects and feel the ones I just purchased were the tops of the speakers I heard and my budget of 4K.

Double Ugly

« Reply #5 on: 14 Jan 2008, 05:38 am »
I thought they doubled? No 3K isnt too much I just paid 3.3K for some custom speakers from a Manufacturer here that I was able to hear and liked very much obviously. I tried to find some SP tech speakers to audition but came up short. The past two speakers I have bought unheard and on suggestion or review didnt last too long so I went on a year long audition around Texas to hear most of the commercial usual suspects and feel the ones I just purchased were the tops of the speakers I heard and my budget of 4K.

Unless something has slipped my notice, the Timepiece Mini is still $2,995.

Sorry to hear you weren't able to audition a pair, but they're only now beginning to find their way across the country.

lonewolfny42

« Reply #6 on: 14 Jan 2008, 05:45 am »
From those that have posted that they have received their Mini's....you have :

Florida
Washington (state)
Illinois

Those are the only one's I know now....more to follow... 8)

pbrstreetgang

« Reply #7 on: 14 Jan 2008, 05:46 am »
Didnt have to be the TPM, I was just looking for ANY SP techs. I was hoping to hear the 3.0 but mainly just any of them.

lonewolfny42

« Reply #8 on: 14 Jan 2008, 05:55 am »
Didnt have to be the TPM, I was just looking for ANY SP techs. I was hoping to hear the 3.0 but mainly just any of them.
I don't know if there are any owners in Texas... :scratch:

Double Ugly/Jim is in Mississippi....and PeteG and reefrus are in Colorado.
Thats the closest to Texas that I KNOW..... :?

Double Ugly

« Reply #9 on: 14 Jan 2008, 05:57 am »

I understood what you meant.  My comment was in reference to the entire line, not just the Minis.

pbrstreetgang

« Reply #10 on: 14 Jan 2008, 06:02 am »
A little story: I usually dont do this but I wanted to hear SP techs bad. At an audio meet I heard from a guy who heard from a guy that an owner in houston had SP techs and he thought his name was such and such on audiogon. I pmd him a couple of times with no answer and he finally returned it angry. The whole time he thought I was scoping him and possibly steal his stuff or something! Thinking back on it I probably would feel the same if someone unsolicited that none of my friends knew was trying to invite himself over :duh:

AliG

« Reply #11 on: 14 Jan 2008, 06:14 am »
I live in Houston and wasn't aware of any SP Tech owners, I wonder who is this "unsporting" fellow?? :duh:  aa
A little story: I usually dont do this but I wanted to hear SP techs bad. At an audio meet I heard from a guy who heard from a guy that an owner in houston had SP techs and he thought his name was such and such on audiogon. I pmd him a couple of times with no answer and he finally returned it angry. The whole time he thought I was scoping him and possibly steal his stuff or something! Thinking back on it I probably would feel the same if someone unsolicited that none of my friends knew was trying to invite himself over :duh:

Double Ugly

« Reply #12 on: 14 Jan 2008, 03:08 pm »

I'm with AliG... didn't know there were SP Techs in Houston.  :scratch:

Not that I keep track of every pair, but up till now, I've had a pretty good idea about what's gone where.