Any Florida SP owners?

Rafael Gonzales

Any Florida SP owners?
« on: 18 Oct 2007, 03:15 am »
Hello,

Wondering if there are any SP owners in Florida?

I have been following the SP threads here and on AA and Audiogon for about three years.  I am very interested in auditioning Continuum 2.5 MK IIIs if possible.  If not the Continuums, any of the SP speakers would be helpful.

I am currently in Orlando until Oct. 22.  I live in Hawaii and it is virtually impossible for me to hear the SP speakers anywhere but on the Mainland (at least I don't think there are any SP speakers in Hawaii).  I'd rather not go out on a limb and purchase a pair of Continuums without first listening to a pair of SP speakers.

I realize my timetable is short, but I would really like to hear the SP speakers while on this trip if possible.  I may be back to Colorado in March '08, but I'd rather make a decision on the SP speakers before then.

If I can't arrange an audition this trip, I may try to arrange an audition in my home by paying for the shipping both ways if a dealer has a demo pair available and is open to an in home audition.  Obviously, an audition on this trip would be more prudent if possible.

Thanks in advance.

Warren

Double Ugly

Re: Any Florida SP owners?
« Reply #1 on: 18 Oct 2007, 03:53 am »
Hi Warren,

I don't recall whether Bob has sold to anyone in Florida, but if you don't mind the drive, I may be able to accommodate you in Columbus, MS.

The crossovers in my Timepiece 2.1s are the 'old' version (not Mundorfs), and obviously they aren't Continuums, but they may prove sufficient to give you an inkling of the type sound you can expect.

Having heard the new crossovers at Steve Chang's last weekend, I can assure you my Timepieces pale in comparison by every conceivable objective and subjective performance measurement.  I was quite pleased with the Timepiece's sound prior to Denver, but hearing Steve's speakers was a humbling experience.  Even so, I may be your best bet until your '08 Colorado trip.

Contact me via PM if interested. 

Regards,

-Jim

Rafael Gonzales

« Reply #2 on: 18 Oct 2007, 01:15 pm »
Jim,

Thank you for your kind offer.  Unfortunately, I think you are a little too far away in the time that I have left here.  I will probably be in Telluride, Colorado in March so I may be able to make plans in advance to hear the SP speakers then.

I have used Mundorfs to upgrade parts in two of my components and it made a significant difference.  I am sure the upgrade in the crossover will make a bigger difference.

Once again, thanks for your offer and maybe I'll see you in the future in another visit to the Mainland.

Aloha,

Warren

Double Ugly

« Reply #3 on: 18 Oct 2007, 03:35 pm »
You're welcome, Warren.  If circumstances change and you find you have more time and are interested, please don't hesitate to contact me.

As for the Mundorfs making a big difference, you're right on the money.  I knew the pieces and parts Bob is using now would prove superior to what I have, but I was unprepared for the significance of improvement.  I honestly can't imagine how good the Revelations will be with the "Ultimate" external crossovers I've ordered.  :o

When I finally settle on the mix of hardwoods I want, Bob can get started making them.  I've already paid for the darn things!   :oops:  :banghead:

Best regards, and travel safely.

-Jim

bbchem

« Reply #4 on: 18 Oct 2007, 09:55 pm »
 :lol: O well, I live in the Orlando area but I am still waiting for the Minis on order. I doubt if I will recieve them by the 22nd though.

If you come back let me know>>>   :roll:

Rafael Gonzales

« Reply #5 on: 18 Oct 2007, 10:04 pm »
Thanks BBchem.  I may be back sooner than I would like.  While here on vacation in Orlando, my mother-in-law who lives in West Palm Beach had a heart attack.  She is still in the hospital and my wife left my son and me in Orlando to go down to West Palm to be with her.  My 5 year-old son and I will be joining her there on Saturday after he and I do one more promised trip to Disney.

bbchem

« Reply #6 on: 18 Oct 2007, 11:13 pm »
 :roll:  Sorry about your family illness, if you ever come back and I have the Minis you are more than welcome to hear them.

Regards, Bill   :o