Placement of the speakers

RCduck7

Placement of the speakers
« on: 5 Apr 2023, 01:23 am »
It is true that like i read in posts before that these speakers have to be far away from the front wall to sound their best. And this is true if you have side walls nearby. I moved house and now i have my speakers on the long wall of the living room and on the left i have more then 3 meters from that wall and even there is a glass door. And on the right i have even 6 meters or more. And behind me there is a big window from floor to ceiling. I noticed when i placed these speakers in my new space being far from the front wall as i am used to be placing these they sounded very thin. only low notes i could hear but no mid bas notes. I had to put these speakers only 1 feet from the wall measured from the back of the speaker lower unit to the wall to have a solid sound. There it goes that every room is different. Still i am experimenting. They may have to be even closer to the wall for lower volume late night listening. They are run with a Rotel Michi X5 nowadays. More power then these need.

speedypenguin

• “ I live my daydreams in music “ … A Einstein
Re: Placement of the speakers
« Reply #1 on: 20 Apr 2023, 09:51 pm »
My 938’s are close to room boundaries (low and sloping ceilings) which help with diffraction, but is probably not typical for the majority of user setups.

RCduck7

« Reply #2 on: 27 Jun 2023, 12:03 am »
Well, i was in this situation to and when you don't use acouastical absorption and just have plain sloping walls they don't sound as open as they could be.

RCduck7

« Reply #3 on: 27 Jun 2023, 12:12 am »
My hyperions are not on the michi X5 anymore and for the better. It wasn't a great match. It sounded nice but as i said there was less bass and okay i blame it still on the room but since i used different amps they can be a bit further of the wall again. I used the Italian Audia Flight FL3s and i had more lows again on the same speaker placement. Then i went for the Moonriver Audio 404 reference and it had  also the lows and it sounded even more lively and realistic with only 50 watts.