Hapa Audio Lady Kaede headphone cable

HAL

• Industry Contributor
Hapa Audio Lady Kaede headphone cable
« on: 24 May 2021, 10:11 pm »
Jason was kind enough to send his 4' Lady Kaede headphone demo cable to try with my Audeze LCD-MX4 planar headphones.

I compared them to the stock MX4 cables and to me the mids and highs are better defined with the Lady Kaede cable.  Very nice change to my listening that sounds more accurate for classical recordings.  The system is my HAL MS-6 Music Server driving the iFi iDSD DAC that Jason lent me for some DAC comparisons.

Liked them so much that I now have an 8' Lady Kaede cable here that will be staying.   :thumb:

Thanks Jason!  The demo cable is coming back this week.

Pictures when I get the setup ready.

Pez

Re: Hapa Audio Lady Kaede headphone cable
« Reply #1 on: 2 Jun 2021, 04:26 pm »
Rich,
thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. I have been meaning to post the photos I took of your cable prior to sending it out to you. I think it turned out pretty nice.

A bit about the design, I use the same high quality pure silver Litz that I use in Quiescence S in the headphone cable design. The geometry that I hand weave on these cables helps improve the sound quality quite a bit. Not only that, but it renders the cable incredibly flexible and the cable is stretchy. This helps prevent stress on the terminations and can save the user from accidentally ripping the headphones off their head if they accidentally pull on the cable.