No Rez Question

phoenix_rising

No Rez Question
« on: 19 Oct 2007, 06:29 pm »
Hi Danny,

Would 'No Rez' have noticable effects in a Subwoofer cabinet or would teh frequencies be too low for it to be of any value ?

Thanks

Cacophonix

Re: No Rez Question
« Reply #1 on: 19 Oct 2007, 06:37 pm »
Also, Danny - can the no rez be used as acoustic panels?

Danny Richie

« Reply #2 on: 19 Oct 2007, 08:49 pm »
No Rez is very effective in a sub woofer cabinet.

Keep in mind that its main function is not absorption of internal standing waves but controlling the resonance of box panels.

And yes it can be used as acoustic panels but there are less expensive alternatives for room treatment if that was what you were considering it for.

phoenix_rising

« Reply #3 on: 22 Oct 2007, 12:34 pm »
No Rez is very effective in a sub woofer cabinet.

Keep in mind that its main function is not absorption of internal standing waves but controlling the resonance of box panels.

And yes it can be used as acoustic panels but there are less expensive alternatives for room treatment if that was what you were considering it for.

Thanks Danny,

Building a couple of subs and they are 2 cu feet internally each. If I am going to use No Rez do i need to increase the internal volume to adjust for the No Rez or just apply the No rez to the cabinet internally. I would also like to know how much No Rez would be required for the cabinets as well, they each have a 12" sub and plate amp.

Thanks

Danny Richie

« Reply #4 on: 22 Oct 2007, 03:27 pm »
No Rez does not affect the internal volume.

Each sheet is 24" by 27". So it sounds like you'll need one sheet per box.

WC

« Reply #5 on: 9 Oct 2019, 02:32 am »
 I am building a pair of 15" Rythmik subs which are 3.1 cu. ft. Looks like I need 4 sheets to cover the sides. When putting no rez in a subwoofer cabinet does it go on all the sides and the back or just the sides?

Danny Richie

« Reply #6 on: 9 Oct 2019, 03:11 am »
I am building a pair of 15" Rythmik subs which are 3.1 cu. ft. Looks like I need 4 sheets to cover the sides. When putting no rez in a subwoofer cabinet does it go on all the sides and the back or just the sides?

Any panel that is also an exterior wall.

charmerci

« Reply #7 on: 9 Oct 2019, 03:49 am »
On a standard speaker with a 6 1/2 woofer, would it work if it was placed on the outside or is it that much better on the interior walls?

WC

« Reply #8 on: 9 Oct 2019, 04:26 am »
Looks like I will need 5 just to be safe so I can do the areas around the amp on the back and around the driver on the front baffle.

WGH

« Reply #9 on: 9 Oct 2019, 04:27 am »
On a standard speaker with a 6 1/2 woofer, would it work if it was placed on the outside or is it that much better on the interior walls?

Cool idea! No Rez on the outside would make your speaker look like a plush toy.