HT speakers

ratso

HT speakers
« on: 12 May 2011, 08:25 pm »
i just got a new AVR, the denon 4311CI and it's great! when setting up audyssey, i was a little shocked at the crossover settings measured by the AVR: front surrounds 110Hz, rear surrounds 150Hz. being a 2 channel guy, i haven't really put that much care/effort into HT sound. but now i am starting to think/wonder - how much more is out there? so of course, the first place i look is to salk but unfortunately no current offers will meet my needs (of course i could just have jim custom make something). i need speakers that are wall AND ceiling mountable (the songsurrounds COULD be at least wall mountable but aren't really designed to do that and ceiling mountable would be very problematic). also they would need to cross over at least at 80Hz. (i know it's been mentioned before but i still can't find the answer: what exactly ARE the specs for the songsurrounds and the HTS surrounds)? i think a whole redo of the HT speakers would be loved by the community - wall/ceiling mountable surrounds and a new line of small sealed subs in 12" and 15" would kill! what do you all think? 

**edit** just read this and it sounds like i am bashing the current offers which is certainly not true. i guess "redo" is the wrong word, maybe just an addition to the current offerings.

Big Red Machine

Re: HT speakers
« Reply #1 on: 12 May 2011, 08:38 pm »
They are a custom house.  What do you need - they probably have done it at least once already and can do it again.  Best to just call Jim.

ratso

« Reply #2 on: 12 May 2011, 09:22 pm »
sure, i mentioned that above (and just sent him an email). i was just thinking more for the average customer browsing the website.

jsalk

« Reply #3 on: 13 May 2011, 07:28 pm »
sure, i mentioned that above (and just sent him an email). i was just thinking more for the average customer browsing the website.

I don't think I got your email.  Either re-send it or PM me and we can talk.

- Jim

ratso

« Reply #4 on: 13 May 2011, 07:39 pm »
oops sorry for the confusion jim - you did get it and responded. when i said i already have emailed you i meant it in response to the call jim for whatever you need part. not that i had emailed you about HT speakers - those will have to wait until at least after the sub i asked you about.