Bowers & Wilkins P3 Headphones Review - Video

Vedder323

• vinyl reviews and more, check out Newrecordday.com
    • New Record Day
Bowers & Wilkins P3 Headphones Review - Video
« on: 5 May 2014, 10:00 pm »
Hey Folks, just finished our first review for headphones! For those interested, the link is below the summary:

"The Bowers & Wilkins P3 headphones are lightweight, comfortable, and sound fantastic. Anyone who is searching for a headphone that doesn’t mind the open air design, these little cans will be tough to beat at the asking price of $199. Build quality and design take the cake with incredible attention to detail and raise the bar in what people should expect out of headphones in this price range. Adding to the fact you have swappable cables to bounce from Apple products to other mobile phones, tablets, and MP3 players, you now have a headphone that can be enjoyed by anyone, regardless of the device they are using. We loved these headphones and would recommend them all day long."

http://newrecordday.com/bowers-wilkins-p3/

Thanks,

Ron

toocool4

Re: Bowers & Wilkins P3 Headphones Review - Video
« Reply #1 on: 6 May 2014, 12:38 pm »
Hi Ron
   Your review of the P3, for the looks and design I agree with you but on sound quality those headphones are un-listenable. $199 is daylight robbery.

If you still have the headphones I suggest you remove the pads and listen to them again without the pads, as that is the only way they are remotely listenable. If you do do that I would be interested in what you have to say on the sound transformation.

For anyone else that is thinking about buying these headphones, I would recommend you listen before you buy.

Noseyears

• Restricted
  • SS-Audio
    • Supreme Sound Audio
« Reply #2 on: 7 May 2014, 01:06 am »
I think B&W did things wrong with this model. It sounds muffled.

For some extra money get the P5 instead.

toocool4

« Reply #3 on: 7 May 2014, 06:30 am »
I think B&W did things wrong with this model. It sounds muffled.

For some extra money get the P5 instead.

I would not even pay the extra money for the P5, a bit better but that's not difficult. The only one in that group that sounds good is the P7 and that one is over priced for the sound quality you get out of it.

Noseyears

• Restricted
  • SS-Audio
    • Supreme Sound Audio
« Reply #4 on: 7 May 2014, 07:19 pm »
@toocool, you're right. The quality you get for the price is the problem.

Very few speaker companies succeed with headphones.