X-Bravo

mflaming

X-Bravo
« on: 17 Aug 2021, 07:24 pm »
Anyone know if the X-Bravo kit is coming out soon? This is the X-LS, but with 5-1/4 driver. What I'm actually intersted in is an X-Bravo center channel to go with my X-LS mains. The shallower height would work a little better for me.

Hobbsmeerkat

• Industry Participant
Re: X-Bravo
« Reply #1 on: 17 Aug 2021, 08:18 pm »
https://www.gr-research.com/store/p102/X-Bravo.html  :wink:

Center channel is coming soon just need to design the crossover for it

E-Zee

• Industry Participant
    • Diy speaker resources and crossover assembly services
« Reply #2 on: 18 Aug 2021, 01:29 am »
The thought of a smaller X-Voce patterned center using the 5.25" driver sounds to me like something that would be very welcomed by the market. 

Those persons with open listening spaces who aren't inhibited by size constraints, seem to sometimes forget that the larger portion of the market does have some type of size constraints for their speakers.   I dont see why a smaller version of the X-Voce wouldn't actually outsell the current X-Voce moving forward, especially if voiced similar enough to still pair with X-LS or X-Static

It sounds like small variances, but a speaker cabinet that is even 1.5" shorter (2" would be fantastic but probably not possible considering how little baffle height the X-Voce has  beyond the M-165 diameter), plus 5" less width, and few inches less depth, creates additional opportunities for those who struggle with spouse approval or space limitations.

Yes, I know the front baffle should be 3 feet off wall for optimum performance, so cabinet depth shouldn't matter much. However, it still has to sit somewhere and the decreased dimensions do affect the visual balance and visual weight of that center channel.

I hope the M-130 center channel does become a reality.  An MTM wouldn't be terrible, but a WMTMW would of course be my vote.

Hobbsmeerkat

• Industry Participant
« Reply #3 on: 18 Aug 2021, 01:43 am »
Ill certainly ask Danny for his thoughts on this idea.  :thumb:

mflaming

« Reply #4 on: 18 Aug 2021, 09:07 pm »
Are the drawings done for the center channel cabinet? I wouldn't mind getting started building now, and order the kit later when it's ready.