RMAF 2008

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
Re: RMAF 2008
« Reply #80 on: 19 Sep 2008, 01:07 pm »
3 Weeks....

woodsyi

• Volunteer
  • Always Look on the Bright Side of Life!
« Reply #81 on: 24 Sep 2008, 03:46 am »
Wife's travel plan changed and I can go!  :thumb:

But I have to work Friday and can't get there until 8PM.  :(  I think I got the last seat on Frontier flying out of DC.  :o

I read that the Bar at Marriott is the place to be Friday evening.  Would I still catch you guys if I come down after 9?

I am looking forward to meeting a bunch of you in person.  :wave:

AliG

« Reply #82 on: 24 Sep 2008, 03:57 am »

But I have to work Friday and can't there until 8PM.  :(  I think I got the last seat on Frontier flying out of DC.  :o

I read that the Bar at Marriott is the place to be Friday evening.  Would I still catch you guys if I come down after 9?

Rim, the Bar may close at 12pm, but you'll find AC members crowding the place until 2-3am. :wink:

lonewolfny42

« Reply #83 on: 24 Sep 2008, 04:06 am »

But I have to work Friday and can't there until 8PM.  :(  I think I got the last seat on Frontier flying out of DC.  :o

Rim, the Bar may close at 12pm, but you'll find AC members crowding the place until 2-3am. :wink:

And some may be up .....all night. :lol:

Glad you can make it Rim.... :beer:

stereocilia

« Reply #84 on: 24 Sep 2008, 04:25 am »
My plane is supposed to come in around 7.  My wife will already be in Denver (for work) and we're planning to show up to the Marriott bar after she picks me up from the airport.  I look forward to meeting everyone!   :beer:

lonewolfny42

« Reply #85 on: 24 Sep 2008, 04:45 am »
From a past RMAF...in "the bar"..(PeteG's photo)

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
« Reply #86 on: 24 Sep 2008, 04:53 am »
From a past RMAF...in "the bar"..(PeteG's photo)

Wow... That's a pretty darned big speaker you're leanin' on there...  :thumb:  :lol:

lonewolfny42

« Reply #87 on: 24 Sep 2008, 05:10 am »
Wow... That's a pretty darned big speaker you're leanin' on there...
No....I think its a bar stool.... :jester:

Who's at that table....clockwise...starting with the waitress....

Bryan
Barry
Mike
George
Sean
Don
Glenn
Lin
Bill...with hat (behind the plant)
Tom
Jerry

Just checking my memory.... :wink:

bpape

• Industry Participant
  • I am serious and don't call my Shirley
    • Sensible Sound Solutions
« Reply #88 on: 24 Sep 2008, 11:03 am »
Pretty good memory Chris...

Checking mine now - the server's name - Minh?

Bryan

JohnR

« Reply #89 on: 24 Sep 2008, 11:09 am »
Hey, I recognize zybar and mgalusha (I think). And of course lonewolfny42.. :thumb:

TomS

« Reply #90 on: 24 Sep 2008, 11:10 am »

Bryan
The scary thing is I think you might be right  :o

ted_b

• Volunteer
  • "we're all bozos on this bus" F.T.
« Reply #91 on: 24 Sep 2008, 11:42 am »
I'm looking forward to seeing AC friends I met there last year, and meeting new ones.  I'll be assisting TweekGeek (Mike) and Modwright (Dan) in their rooms, but I assume we'll all meet at the Marriott bar on Fri night again?  8pm?  Earlier?  :)

mgalusha

« Reply #92 on: 24 Sep 2008, 03:17 pm »

Bryan
The scary thing is I think you might be right  :o

That sounds right to me. And just how is it that Tom is sitting next to Jerry???  :lol:

We should tell the Marriott to set up some extra tables and chairs as space is very much at a premium though they should know better by now. 

mgalusha

« Reply #93 on: 24 Sep 2008, 03:20 pm »
I'll be assisting TweekGeek (Mike) and Modwright (Dan) in their rooms, but I assume we'll all meet at the Marriott bar on Fri night again?  8pm?  Earlier?  :)

Ted,

The show closes at 6:00PM on Friday and folks seem to start drifting in about then, sometimes earlier.

jimdgoulding

« Reply #94 on: 25 Sep 2008, 12:22 am »
Wanted to go to this based on all the good vibe.  I wanted to man a booth.  Made special DIY kits at a lower price for attendees to take home.  Knew I would recognize a bunch of you from pictures.  Alas, the hurricane has put me behind the 8 ball and I've had to cancel.  I live on the outskirts of Houston.  Oh well, wish you a ton of fun!  All the best.  Next year, then.

Bigfish

« Reply #95 on: 25 Sep 2008, 12:56 am »
My wife, Vera, and I are looking forward to RMAF and to meeting everyone.  I suspect Vera will be interested to learn if any of the other wives will be interested in shopping or other activities in Denver. 

Time is drawing near!  :thumb: :hyper: :banana piano:

Ken

richidoo

« Reply #96 on: 25 Sep 2008, 01:18 am »
Two years ago I went for the first time, and had a good time seeing the demos and learning a lot about the hobby. But I didn't know anybody, so I hung out in the room. Finally bumped into one friend on Sunday.

During the year that followed I met so many virtual friends on AC that when I went to the bar on Friday night of last year's show I knew lots of people, who introduced me to many more. Getting to know audiophiles in person from all over the country has made a huge difference in my enjoyment of the hobby. So, like Ted, I'm looking forward to meeting new friends (like Ted ;)  ) and catching up with those I met last year.

The exhibitor list seems bigger and better than ever.
Rich

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #97 on: 25 Sep 2008, 01:40 am »
Man, I am sooooo bummed out that I won't be there this year.

Have a great time guys and I'll see you in 2009.

George

Rob S.

« Reply #98 on: 25 Sep 2008, 02:29 am »
This is my first one also.  I read AC almost daily and enjoy it immensely.  I look forward to hearing lots of gear, since what I've heard is limited and I'm still a beginner in this hobby.  Can't wait to meet some of you seasoned veterans of HIFI, hope to learn a  lot.  Of course I owe the lonewolfe a few beers.

Anyone up for a Mtn or Road bike ride Thursday afternoon?  My flight should be in Denver around 1pm and we would have several hrs to ride. 

Rob S.

Gordy

« Reply #99 on: 25 Sep 2008, 03:12 am »
Rob,

My brother Russ lives in Denver and is an avid mountain and distance rider.  Though he probably wouldn't be able to get away from work, I'm sure he'd be more than happy to suggest some routes for you if you don't hear back from any locals!  PM me your e-mail and I'll hook the two of you up.

Gordy