Comments on the Jam at shooter's

brj

« on: 27 Sep 2004, 04:05 pm »
Good morning everyone!

I'll post some more comments later, but I wanted to put up a big "thank you" to shooter for hosting our first jam.  We had a max attendance of 13 people at one point, and everyone had a great time.

Future jams will have a lot to live up to, especially in terms of the facility.... shooter has photography studio housed inside a very large industrial space, complete with a very nice kitchen generously stocked with plenty of munchies for hungry audiophiles.  (You want space behind or to the side of your speakers, no problem!  Long wall or short wall placement? Heck, there were no walls near the speakers at all!)

We didn't have a super-organized shootout, but we did spend some time comparing various components.  We auditioned shooter's DIY electrostatic speakers and subwoofer (2 10" drivers in a 2'x2'x2' cube), GR Research's AV1's, Criterions, and new subwoofer, a few DIY speaker cables and kyyaun's Ridge Street Audio speaker cable, and a couple of DAC's.

For those that asked, the track we ended up using for comparisons was:

Group: Heart
   Album: "The Road Home"
   Track: "Alone" (track 5)

Thanks to KJ for turning me on to this CD.

I'll try to post some more thoughts later, but hopefully others will post their impressions as well.  Thanks again to shooter!

markn

Sunday at Shooters
« Reply #1 on: 27 Sep 2004, 06:22 pm »
I think I enjoyed the facility as much as the listening!

I also enjoyed meeting a few new folks and finding a few new CD's to get...

Thanks to Ka for a fine start to our meetings!

Mark

MaxCast

Re: Sunday at Shooters
« Reply #2 on: 27 Sep 2004, 06:48 pm »
Quote from: markn

Thanks to Ka for a fine start to our meetings!

Mark

Hmmm, any pictures of Ka?? :wink:

Daniel

« Reply #3 on: 27 Sep 2004, 11:09 pm »
Hey, congrats from the NY Audio Rave for getting off to a great start!  We definitely need pics.  Lotsa pics.

brj

« Reply #4 on: 28 Sep 2004, 02:29 pm »
Quote from: Daniel
Hey, congrats from the NY Audio Rave for getting off to a great start!

Thanks, Daniel!

As for pictures, I know we had a few cameras present.  I think both Ka's wife and Ken took some pictures and there may have been other cameras there as well.  Hopefully they will post a few when they get a chance.

kyyuan

« Reply #5 on: 30 Sep 2004, 05:19 am »
Quote from: brj
Quote from: Daniel
Hey, congrats from the NY Audio Rave for getting off to a great start!

Thanks, Daniel!

As for pictures, I know we had a few cameras present.  I think both Ka's wife and Ken took some pictures and there may have been other cameras there as well.  Hopefully they will post a few when they get a chance.

All,

Unfortunately, I did not take a picture of Ka as I have only a few pictures of the setup.  I'll upload them this weekend.

In short, the first Jam hosted by Ka was great and had a great turnout.  Ka really set the bar high for all the future Jams.  Ka, once again, your generosity was greatly appreciated.  I'm hopeful we'll be able to have more similar Circle gatherings.

Ken

Danny Richie

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.gr-research.com
« Reply #6 on: 30 Sep 2004, 01:40 pm »
I had a great time too and want to thank Ka for hosting.

It was nice to meet some new people too.

kyyuan

« Reply #7 on: 4 Oct 2004, 06:10 am »
how do I attach photos?

bubba966

« Reply #8 on: 4 Oct 2004, 06:13 am »
Quote from: kyyuan
how do I attach photos?

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=11988

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #9 on: 4 Oct 2004, 06:14 am »
All Right....some photo's....great !!! :hyper:

kyyuan

« Reply #10 on: 4 Oct 2004, 08:08 pm »
Quote from: bubba966
how do I attach photos?

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=11988

aha... I see.  That's easy enough.  I thought the posting procedure here may be similar to that of other fora I visit...guess not.

lonewolfny42...don't get too excited.  I have only ONE photo of equipment set-up.  No pics of Ka and other characters.   :mrgreen:   I'll post it later tonight.

Ken

PhilNYC

« Reply #11 on: 4 Oct 2004, 08:23 pm »
Any comments about the system or the stuff that was demoed?

lonewolfny42

« Reply #12 on: 5 Oct 2004, 08:12 am »

lonewolfny42...don't get too excited.  I have only ONE photo of equipment set-up.  No pics of Ka and other characters.   :mrgreen:   I'll post it later tonight.

Ken
Thanks, I guess one is better than none....invite Levi to your next gathering, he does a great job on the photo's for the NY Audio Rave... :notworthy: !!!

kyyuan

« Reply #13 on: 11 Oct 2004, 08:57 pm »
Here is the "one" pic from the 1st Jam session, which was graciously hosted by Ka.  Unfortunately, you can only see a back-view of Ka.

lonewolfny42

« Reply #14 on: 13 Oct 2004, 05:26 am »
Thanks for the photo....big space there !! Looks good !! Now that your first Jam is "under you belt"....time to set up the next one !! Have fun !! :)

shooter

« Reply #15 on: 16 Oct 2004, 02:54 am »
Due to work and been out of town this is the first chance to thank everyone that participated the first jam and listened to my make shift system in my office, now the first one is out of the way, Who is next?