Spatial X5 - Don Sachs comments on his new X5s

geerock

Re: Spatial X5 - Don Sachs comments on his new X5s
« Reply #40 on: 21 Aug 2021, 01:33 pm »

Nope.  Unable to post pic.

glfrancis

« Reply #41 on: 21 Aug 2021, 02:51 pm »
If you want plenty of detail, use the X series with a transparent Pre like the Don Sachs and add in a digital amp like the Cherry Megaschino.  Detail, warmth, imaging all day long....I would also bet a tube amp would give amazing imaging as well.....choices are endless, results are gonna be pretty good to amazing regardless.....

Current gear is a gold note ds10 to a Yamaha a-s801. the gold note is staying, but after a speaker purchase considering an upgrade to LTA UL integrated or a modwright 225i integrated.

Conmoto22

« Reply #42 on: 13 Sep 2021, 01:48 am »
I’m considering the X5; however, I’d appreciate input regarding how well they will perform given my listening space.

13’ x 45’ room, speakers 2’ from front wall (13’ front wall), listening position about 12’ from speakers and about 1’ lower that the tweeters.

Thoughts?

rfluongo

« Reply #43 on: 13 Sep 2021, 10:53 am »
Conmotto22:

Given the size (volume) of your room, X3 may give more satisfying bass. What type of music do you listen to and how loud?

Do you have the flexibility to move speakers further from the front wall, and listening position back as well? If not, maybe consider the M3. Definitely check with Clayton in any case.