You're still alive, Klaus? AMAZING!

rhollan

You're still alive, Klaus? AMAZING!
« on: 14 Nov 2018, 07:05 pm »
I bought a stereo Stratos some time in 2006 or 2007. Just before I divorced, LOL (she got the house, I got the kids).

It served me well but then just died. I had tried contacting Odyssey, but got no response :-( I figured Klaus went on to the great audio equipment factory in the sky.

I am happy to see that is not the case!

So, I am contemplating Either two Stereo and one mono Stratos, or three monos. But, I have a question: What is their rated output into 4 and 2 ohms? I am driving BG Radia 520 mains and a CC-220dx center.

klaus@odyssey

• Facilitator
    • http://www.odysseyaudio.com
Re: You're still alive, Klaus? AMAZING!
« Reply #1 on: 14 Nov 2018, 09:52 pm »
Yup,  still alive and mostly kicking myself..........anyway,  CALL ME  again...I tried to call back as well.....317 299 5578

rhollan

« Reply #2 on: 14 Nov 2018, 10:08 pm »
I will do that (call again). Alas, the old Stratos is gone, having apparently died (as in blown fuses, and when I replaced them, all the magic smoke left the amp :-( :-( :-) ). I thought Odyssey was defuct and was most pleased to see it (and you, of course) alive and kicking. I still have the Radia 520s, complemented with rear surround speakers in a 4.2 configuration with two subwoofers -- the Radias image so well, that a center channel is almost not necessary... and then I found a matching CC-220dx on ebay for a song! Shipping it to me in western Washington from New York is somewhat less than a song, but such is life. I temporarily replaced the dead Stratos with my old Carver, but it too bit the bullet. So, in extremis, I have a Crown XLS 1502 amp driving the Radias. Actually not bad for a class D amp, so long as I don't push it (and, given it's 525W into 4ohm rating per channel, I don't). On paper about as good as the 30+ year old Carver, but nowhere as good as the Stratos, of course.

Since we last spoke, I got divorced, lost my house, raised my kids, and finally became a home owner again, this time with a room dedicated to music and theater.

I'm trying out an Outlaw Audio M-2200 class A/B/G monoblock for the arriving center channel, but you know that and the Crown amp are just a stop-gap measure.

Seeing you and Odyssey quite alive and kicking made me think of more Stratos amps for the front three channels.

I know the ratings into 8 ohms, but what about 4? Just curious.

rhollan

« Reply #3 on: 15 Nov 2018, 05:09 pm »
Ah! found it: 260W into 4ohm.