yup, this is how sweeeeeeeet success looks like.......

jMelvin

Re: yup, this is how sweeeeeeeet success looks like.......
« Reply #20 on: 13 Jan 2015, 02:41 am »
Congrats Klaus. May 2015 bring even more success!

Hank

• http://www.geocities.com/hankbond1/index
« Reply #21 on: 13 Jan 2015, 12:02 pm »
Good for you, Klaus!

stereo5

• Current System
« Reply #22 on: 13 Jan 2015, 08:43 pm »
Well deserved, congrats.

BobC

« Reply #23 on: 14 Jan 2015, 01:48 pm »
Congratulations! 

F-100

« Reply #24 on: 14 Jan 2015, 04:58 pm »
Congrats Klaus. My Stratos Mono Extreme are still going strong after 12 years.

soundbitten1

« Reply #25 on: 14 Jan 2015, 06:32 pm »
Ditto ... I'll be heading into my 14th year with my Stratos, it's been powered up 24/7 for years (except for going away on vacation) and never had a hiccup.

GentleBender

« Reply #26 on: 14 Jan 2015, 07:51 pm »
Awesome work Klaus! I just ordered a Cyclops and Suspiro after talking to a friend of mine. Wasn't even thinking of upgrading so soon, I hadn't even talked to my wife about it. So I called Odyssey Audio up on Saturday to just ask some questions and who answers? Klaus, the actual owner! After talking to him and explaining my setup he comes up with the Cyclops and Suspiro combo (I listen to almost nothing but vinyl) and I begin to do more research and planning. The research that I did revealed almost nothing but positive review after review and awe that what they had achieved at such a low price point. Talking to Klaus on Saturday planted a seed in my audio side that just grew more as I read through reviews and opinions of Odyssey Audio equipment. Come Monday I could contain myself no longer and asked Klaus to sign me up for the Odyssey Cyclops Extreme and Suspiro combo. This is my first piece of serious gear and I'm sure it won't be the last time I talk to Klaus to order gear (I have my eyes on his line of speakers). Note to self, don't call Klaus unless you need someone to push you over the edge and order. Three and a half weeks hasn't seemed this long since I was a child.

Anyone know of a decent turntable to pair with this combo? I am far from rich, but any suggestions are appreciated.

Jason Cline
« Last Edit: 21 Feb 2015, 09:05 pm by GentleBender »

klaus@odyssey

« Reply #27 on: 19 Jan 2015, 01:14 pm »
Hey Jason,

welcome to the family ......

as for awards,  then there are these, for both,  the Khartago and the monos (then again,  we have had 10  in the past 5 years !!!!!:

Ed_Zachary

« Reply #28 on: 20 Jan 2015, 09:22 am »
Anyone know of a decent turntable to pair with this combo? I am far from rich, but any suggestions are appreciated.

Jason Cline
Jason, spend some time looking over the VPI line of turntables. VPI is also made in the US of A and they more or less have a turntable for most every budget.

http://www.vpiindustries.com/

GentleBender

« Reply #29 on: 21 Jan 2015, 10:26 am »
Thanks Ed. You weren't kidding. VPI runs the entire gamut and they all look beautiful. Who would you recommend as an online dealer? The closest to me is quite a drive and the Internet has caused many HiFi shops to not carry much stock. The one in my area has no demo equipment but can told me they could order anything I wanted. How do I know what I want if I can't listen to it?!  :duh: I will just order online from a good dealer if that is the case.

TomS

« Reply #30 on: 21 Jan 2015, 01:33 pm »
Thanks Ed. You weren't kidding. VPI runs the entire gamut and they all look beautiful. Who would you recommend as an online dealer? The closest to me is quite a drive and the Internet has caused many HiFi shops to not carry much stock. The one in my area has no demo equipment but can told me they could order anything I wanted. How do I know what I want if I can't listen to it?!  :duh: I will just order online from a good dealer if that is the case.

These guys are quite knowledgable on VPI, certified dealers https://www.bobsdevices.com/

Ed_Zachary

« Reply #31 on: 21 Jan 2015, 03:00 pm »
Heh, I was about to say the only VPI dealer I have personal experience with is Audio Advice, but Tom has recommended another North Carolina dealer.

If I were you, I would likely order from the nearest dealer - Just In Case you need to go see them for service/set up/adjustment issues.

GentleBender

« Reply #32 on: 21 Jan 2015, 07:42 pm »
Thank you for your time to guide me. So far it is unanimously VPI which will make the choice a bit easier. Right now my wife is happy I am getting the Cyclops and Tempest. Now to convince her that I NEED this turntable.  :roll: Didn't mean to take over your thread Klaus...

klaus@odyssey

« Reply #33 on: 6 Feb 2015, 04:05 pm »
Jason,

no worries....VPI it is,  as we discussed......

jose

« Reply #34 on: 7 Feb 2015, 07:18 pm »
Congratulations! It is so nice to see you get the recognition you deserve.

KLH007

« Reply #35 on: 17 Feb 2015, 04:14 am »
Congratulations Klaus, well deserved!
Kemper

Rocket

« Reply #36 on: 17 Feb 2015, 06:34 am »
Hi Jason,

I hope you don't mind me asking but why did you purchase a Cyclops and Tempest products.  Do you want more flexibility with an integrated amplifier than a product like the Khartago.  Anyway, Klaus' products have a really good reputation over many years.

Regards Rod

klaus@odyssey

« Reply #37 on: 17 Feb 2015, 09:24 am »
A little oopsy here on Jason's part...he's getting the Cyclops and the Suspiro phono stage..........

marflao

« Reply #38 on: 17 Feb 2015, 09:45 am »
How will this phono stage be connected to the Cyclops if one will also use "the digital" route (e.g. something like a streamer as for instance SBT, Aries...) besides a TT?

Have you "implemented" one additional RCA input for Jason´s Cyclops?

Eduardo AAVM

« Reply #39 on: 21 Feb 2015, 08:44 pm »
Aren't you tired ?  :lol:

Over the years you have imposed a new level of value on audio industry.

You're a kind of Energizer's bunny who keeps on and on, doing, improving, and thank you very much for that.